Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz explains eye injury that 'screwed him' in Ben Henderson fight

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Doesnt sound like excuses to me. Diaz gave Bendo the props and explianed where he felt his game lacked... Is it not possible to talk about losing a fight with out it being an 'excuse'?
    People just love to hate. Clearly Diaz's eye was messed up, and he was not fighting the way he normally fights. Bendo definitely put on an awesome fight, but for a guy as good as Nate to get beaten THAT badly usually means something happened.

Zombie is born!

Doesnt sound like excuses to me. Diaz gave Bendo the props and explianed where he felt his game lacked... Is it not possible to talk about losing a fight with out it being an 'excuse'?
    Exactly right. He clearly stated that the punch was effective enough to not allow him to execute his gameplan and gave Bendo props for it..

3. Default

The part I thought was dumb on Nates part was he says his vision was blurred than drops his hands eggs him on than Bendo tags him and he drops from it. Priceless simply priceless

I'm not a huge Diaz fan, but I didn't find he was making an excuse or anything. He just said it was effective. Coulda been worse, he could have called the punch a poke a la Bob Sapp and Crocop.

The title is misleading because it makes it sound like Diaz was saying something like, 'I got screwed in that fight because of my eye, if it wasn't for that I would have won'. In actuality Diaz is just saying that after he got socked in the eye, he was screwed, there was nothing he could do from that point onward because it took him out of his game. Not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Daellusx View Post
    I'm surprised Benson didnt catch a knee to the face when he did that punch. It looks like he has to get in close and his head ends up being in a good spot to get kneed. My guess is he doesnt do that against someone with good muy thai.
    I don't think Nate could see him very well by that point, and it's hard to tell with one eye if he was shooting or punching the knee. I think that's why he was able to drop him by switching from the thigh to a head shot when he did. It seemed more like he was waiting for Nate to anticipate it and then be off balance as a result.

Ben had a little more success with the punch than Anderson did..
    In Anderson's defense, Thales had two good eyes, and isn't as heavy on his lead leg.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    People just love to hate. Clearly Diaz's eye was messed up, and he was not fighting the way he normally fights. Bendo definitely put on an awesome fight, but for a guy as good as Nate to get beaten THAT badly usually means something happened.
    I think the issue is that something didn't just happen. Bendo did it, deliberately. Haters are going to be easily misled by crap titles that are engineered to create controversy and it just gets dumb from there.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    So the excuse is he lost because he got punched. Good one.
    Saying what happened is an excuse? lol

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Saying what happened is an excuse? lol
    What do you guys think an excuse is? Read the title of this article.

Further, Diaz does nothing but talk shit, flips the finger during the fight and you guys get all bent out of shape for my comment? LOL

"I didn't perform the way I wish I could have. <-- Excuse
    I got a punch in the eye pretty early in the fight and things were blurry. << Excuse
    They never came back. I was waiting for it to recover, and when it did I was going to come back strong. But it never did. <<< Excuse Ben did great. < Compliment
    He landed the good shot early. It was blurry. I was screwed. If I would have tried to get up with anything, or tried to aggress too hard, I think things could've gotten worse.<<< Excuse
    Like I said, I was trying to wait for the eye to recover, until I could see straight. Because I knew it was coming back and I knew I was going to come back strong from it, but I never did. I ran out of time with it, and it sucks. But whatever, that's what happens." <<< Excuse
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Bruce Leroy is the new Steven Seagal.

I think even with two good eyes Bendo tools him. It may not be as bad but i still see Bendo winning a UD against Diaz if they fight again. I'll be pulling for Diaz (if they do fight again) but Bendo showed he was on another level than Diaz and beat him in every aspect of the fight that night.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Thread Information