+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz explains eye injury that 'screwed him' in Ben Henderson fight

yeah definitely didnt look like the same Nate that put a beatdown on Cerrone and Jim Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Bruce Leroy is the new Steven Seagal.
    Yes but I bet that it was Seagal who teached Leroy that move.
    So in theory we can safely say that Bendo retained his title thanks to Seagal!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TODDJR88 View Post
    yeah definitely didnt look like the same Nate that put a beatdown on Cerrone and Jim Miller.
    That's because he wasn't fighting Cerrone or Miller.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Yeah but he usually employs the same style regardless of who he's fighting and that wasn't it but props to Bendo for basically nullifying that, im sure the eye had something to do with it but it happens

An off performance? It never happens in MMA! Only every other single sport on the face of the earth! (Not really).

Bendo had a wonderful performance himself as well, though.

On a further note, I find it quite interesting that a losing fighter can't explain what happened in a fight without it being considered an excuse, pretty amazing really.

"I got smoked in the eye so I couldn't see" Is it actually hard for anyone to believe that that punch would make it hard for Diaz to see? lol
    Last edited by dbader08; 12-11-2012 at 09:36 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    An off performance? It never happens in MMA! Only every other single sport on the face of the earth! (Not really).

Bendo had a wonderful performance himself as well, though.

On a further note, I find it quite interesting that a losing fighter can't explain what happened in a fight without it being considered an excuse, pretty amazing really.

"I got smoked in the eye so I couldn't see" Is it actually hard for anyone to believe that that punch would make it hard for Diaz to see? lol
    Dude, I was just trolling to see who would get all worked up.

But on a serious note, fuck Nate Diaz. lol
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I don't think that was an "off performance" by Nate.

If they fought 10 times, I think Bendo would win convincingly 9 out of those 10 fights.
    Indeed. I really don't see how he looked any different in this fight than any other fight he's been in. He still failed to check leg kicks, he still got outwrestled, and on the feet Bendo was just way too fast for him. Diaz looked the same he did against Miller.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

normally I shy away from these type post as it is usually sour grapes or how they were injured prior to the fight but Nat told the truth here. We did not see the amazing super fight we all expected because Henderson connected with a punch early that pretty much won him the fight .A fighter that explains why he lost rather than make excuses,How can you argue with that. I hate we did not see the super fight we all were expecting but it was a great performance by Henderson and I have much more respect for Diaz now that he not only told the truth but stuck it out as well.
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Daellusx View Post
    I'm surprised Benson didnt catch a knee to the face when he did that punch. It looks like he has to get in close and his head ends up being in a good spot to get kneed. My guess is he doesnt do that against someone with good muy thai.
    He just learned the move not to mention its a bizzare strike that not many likely train for...

The Diaz brothers are are also known for leaving their lead leg too far out.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information