Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nate Diaz explains eye injury that 'screwed him' in Ben Henderson fight

styles make fights. i know its cliche but it holds true. bendo is just a bad matchup for nate. he is fast and diverse with his strikes, good in the clinch, seemingly impossible to sub, nasty GnP. not to mention leg kicks for days. bendo seems to me to be the perfect recipe to defeat nate.

and for those saying that nate had a bad fight c'mon man thats just like people saying that weidman beat a "fat" mark munoz. they lost to superior opponents its that simple. yeah nate destroyed cerrone and miller but so has bendo. this ended up being a bad matchup for nate that is all. diaz has no sour grapes his fans shouldnt either.

i actually like nate more and more when i see his humble side. i definately like him alot more than nick.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

I think it is Nate explaining his lack of offence not why he lost. Personally I would have thought he would have attacked more with subs in the later rounds. Hopefully he uses this as a learning experience and comes back stronger
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

It's hilarious how some people here cannot differentiate between an explanation and an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    I think it is Nate explaining his lack of offence not why he lost. Personally I would have thought he would have attacked more with subs in the later rounds. Hopefully he uses this as a learning experience and comes back stronger
    It'll be interesting to see if he does learn some things from this and maybe look at shoring up the weaknesses he has. The smart thing for him (and Nick) to do would be to branch out a bit more and train elsewhere or bring in different people to work with. Cesar Gracie's camp is gonna become stagnant with some of their philosophies on who they should or shouldn't be working with.

They need to be working with some high level Muay Thai trainers/fighters and some solid mma wrestlers and Jake Shields doesn't fit the bill there anymore.

I'm sure that Henderosn being bigger, stronger, and a better strategist played a factor too.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Can't really blame anyone for thinking that he was making an excuse, this is a Diaz we're talking about here.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Thread Information