Thread: Roy Nelson on VADA testing: Im just trying to clean up the sport.

1. Default Roy Nelson on VADA testing: Im just trying to clean up the sport.

Roy Nelson on VADA testing: “I’m just trying to clean up the sport.” | UFC News MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Roy Big Country Nelson has quest to make VADA testing more mainstream within the sport. He spoke with Steph Daniels last week when the Volunteer Anti-Doping Association (VADA) proposal had been issued for 3 or 4 days with this to say:

Lack of response from Mitrione on VADA testing proposal:

He told me, when we were on the phone, Let me look into it, which usually means you either want to look into it or, well, his teammate is Alistair Overeem, so I dont know.

To me, its either a yes or a no.

Its not a Ill look into it kind of thing. Youre either going to do it or youre not. Its really not that hard.

I havent heard back from him at all. Ill probably have Jessy (Nelsons wife and manager), follow up next week. Time is of the essence here. Im just trying to clean up the sport.
    Importance of VADA testing becoming an organized, mandatory routine in MMA:

Its important for people to know that youre drug-free.

Doing the extra steps, that you do on your own, versus doing just what the UFC or the commission asks of you, is giving more back to the fans.

Its like putting in that extra round for them.

You get some that think youre trying to pick on people, or take it that youre saying that they use steroids, or basically saying theyre guilty. Im not saying anything other than, Lets clean up our sport together.

If you say no, then theres a reason why.

Im not here to judge, but you obviously have a reason why youre saying no. Its obvious to fans. Any moron can see that if you dont want to do it, theres a reason.

Were trying to take steps forward, and every time someone says no, it takes us 20 steps back.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I used to like Roy Nelson but over time he's become annoying to me. If Nelson is a better fighter he will beat Mitrione whether he is juicing or not. Anderson beat Chael and Bonnar whom were juicing.

Brown Pride

Thread Information