Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlos Condit willing to accept rematch against Rory MacDonald if UFC asks

1. Default Carlos Condit willing to accept rematch against Rory MacDonald if UFC asks

Manager: Carlos Condit willing to accept rematch against Rory MacDonald if UFC asks - MMAmania.com

While Rory MacDonald is more widely known for being reserved, he showed a serious change in character this past Saturday night (Dec. 8, 2012) in his UFC on Fox 5 post-fight speech following his three round destruction of B.J. Penn. "Ares" called out former opponent Carlos Condit and proclaimed he had unfinished business against "The Natural Born Killer."

Not one to back down from a challenge, Condit's manager Malki Kawa spoke to MMA Weekly earlier today on the matter, saying:

"Carlos Condit doesn't back down from any man. If the UFC asks us to fight Rory MacDonald, Carlos will take the fight."
    MacDonald's sole career loss occurred at UFC 115 in front of his home crowd. After dominating the first two rounds agaisnt the former WEC Welterweight Champion, he faded and Condit finished the fight with just seven seconds remaining.

Condit has a reputation for accepting difficult fights and rising to the occasion. He defeated MacDonald in his home country, traveled across the pond to knock out Dan Hardy in from his faithful supporters and while he came up short this past month, was willing to battle UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre in his backyard of Montreal in the main event of UFC 154.

UFC President Dana White expressed interest in creating the fight, mentioning that he "loves it" when fighters call each other out and make his and Joe Silva's jobs easier.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I think both fighters have improved a lot, if Condit can be competitive with GSP he can beat anyone, wonder if he'll be able to sweep Rory if he takes him down.

This fight makes the most sense for both guys; gives Rory a huge name and avenges his only loss, while a win for Condit puts him right back up there in title contention.

Zombie is born!

Hope Condit smashes the shit outta him and throws in the Ali shuffle just for shits and gigs.

Hope its a 5 round fight. Rory will get destroyed.

6. Default

Pissed at Condit for not defending the interum title. Didn't care for the smug actions of Rory. So it's a lesser of two evils for me. Also the fact Rory won't fight GSP so that leads me to want Condit to win just because it's useless for Rory to win.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Pissed at Condit for not defending the interum title. Didn't care for the smug actions of Rory. So it's a lesser of two evils for me. Also the fact Rory won't fight GSP so that leads me to want Condit to win just because it's useless for Rory to win.
    Agree with everything.

Rory is just being a bitch imo. You don't wanna fight Gsp? Go to mw, he is a huge ww and walks around at 200lbs. I'd like to see him face Weidman if he moves up.

Please book this fight ASAP!!!!!

It has brutality written all over it.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

i would rather see rory vs diaz, rory vs hendriks, or rory vs kos before they rematch. not really interested with this fight right now

Condit via TKO in the 2nd round. Make it so.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Thread Information