Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Condit willing to accept rematch against Rory MacDonald if UFC asks

I see Condit winning this, I think Rory definitely slows down in the third. If this is a 5 rounder MacDonald is going to have a bad night.

I dont see how everyone feels Rory dominated him in their last fight, both guys were pretty much toe to toe on the feet in my eyes, whenever Rory took him down he didn't do much damage.. Condit was much more effective when he had top control.

the one fight i dont want to see is Kos/Rory. It seems like everytime a new fighter is up and coming in the WW division Kos feels the need to call them out. I think its his plan to get the biggest fights possible and to try and stay relevant, while knowing he is never going to get a shot at GSP again while he is champ.

Rory/Kampman Rory/Condit Rory/Diaz or Rory/Hendricks are all fights id be happy to see, more so the Hendricks one so we can hear him stop crying and complaining that he is getting "skipped" over by GSP/UFC. If he beats rory, then he can fight GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    I see Condit winning this, I think Rory definitely slows down in the third. If this is a 5 rounder MacDonald is going to have a bad night.

I dont see how everyone feels Rory dominated him in their last fight, both guys were pretty much toe to toe on the feet in my eyes, whenever Rory took him down he didn't do much damage.. Condit was much more effective when he had top control.
    Had the fight not been stopped with 1 second left, Rory would have won 29-28 or it'd have been a draw.

4. Default

7 seconds Snigs.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post

I had MacDonald winning the first two rounds, even if he didn't "dominate" as people have recast it. "Domination" is potentially the most over-used term in MMA, I've had conversations where people think Penn was "dominated" by Edgar in both fights, for example. But I think the two fights have more in common because going into it Penn was supposed to just crush Edgar, so when Edgar was effective, it gets blown out of proportion so it looked like he'd invented the wheel. Same thing with Rory, going into the bout, he was supposed to get crushed by Condit, and when he didn't, his efforts were highlighted even more.

I think the biggest problem I have with the revisionist history on the bout is that they make it seem like the last-second win by Condit came out of nowhere. Less than a minute into the third round I thought Condit was going to finish him. I actually only started to doubt that Carlos would finish him in the last half-minute or so. It' wasn't like in Anderson/sonnen where sonnen was winning the bulk of the round and then got caught, Condit was beating him pretty thoroughly and obviously. He was closer to being dominant as there were more times I thought the fight was closer to being stopped.

but the recast has it as though Rory was kicking ass for 14 minutes and 59 seconds and suddenly Condit threw a lucky Hail Mary or something. That's a bit goofy.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Rory has plenty of people to fight at WW right now.
    Kampmann, Kos, Fitch, Maia, Ellenberger.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight condit, but I can't say he really deserves a shot at the guy that just fought for the belt having no wins over a top 10 guy.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

7. Default

And if you re-watch the first fight with Condit and MacDonald, the first two rounds could of went either way as well. Sure Rory got a couple of takedowns but Carlos did a ton more damage from the bottom then Rory did from the top. It easily could of been 1-1 going in to the last round IMO.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

i was there live in Vancouver when the first fight took place.. i had no idea who rory was at the time but i kept running into people telling me about the dude and to cheer for him so by the time his fight came along i was super pumped for it. it seemed like everyone else got the same message because everyone seemed super pumped for rory's fight even thou we didn't know who he was .. the only thing we knew was that he was from BC ..i think that everyone was cheering for him so loud that it really got to rory but not in a good way.. even after the fight, carlos was trying to talk and we booed him so loud that he couldn't even say anything because the boos were so loud that it was drowning him out even with the mic. i've honestly never heard anything louder in my life then that fight.. i'm super stoked for condit vs rory 2.. i've been a huge fan of rory since the first time i saw him fight in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I had MacDonald winning the first two rounds, even if he didn't "dominate" as people have recast it. "Domination" is potentially the most over-used term in MMA, I've had conversations where people think Penn was "dominated" by Edgar in both fights, for example. But I think the two fights have more in common because going into it Penn was supposed to just crush Edgar, so when Edgar was effective, it gets blown out of proportion so it looked like he'd invented the wheel. Same thing with Rory, going into the bout, he was supposed to get crushed by Condit, and when he didn't, his efforts were highlighted even more.

I think the biggest problem I have with the revisionist history on the bout is that they make it seem like the last-second win by Condit came out of nowhere. Less than a minute into the third round I thought Condit was going to finish him. I actually only started to doubt that Carlos would finish him in the last half-minute or so. It' wasn't like in Anderson/sonnen where sonnen was winning the bulk of the round and then got caught, Condit was beating him pretty thoroughly and obviously. He was closer to being dominant as there were more times I thought the fight was closer to being stopped.

but the recast has it as though Rory was kicking ass for 14 minutes and 59 seconds and suddenly Condit threw a lucky Hail Mary or something. That's a bit goofy.

rh
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    And if you re-watch the first fight with Condit and MacDonald, the first two rounds could of went either way as well. Sure Rory got a couple of takedowns but Carlos did a ton more damage from the bottom then Rory did from the top. It easily could of been 1-1 going in to the last round IMO.
    I agree with you two 100%, That's exactly what I thought. I actually missed that fight live and only got to watch it back a few weeks ago. Everyone was telling me how badly Rory dominated.. I didn't really see that tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I agree. Rory stole one of the rounds with takedowns but not both imo, they were both pretty close.

Plus the last round could have easily been a 10-8 imo if it went to a decision.

But mentally and physically Rory was pretty much done. I'm sure he could have lasted another 7 seconds and been fine but he took alot of punishment in the 3rd.

Thread Information