Thread: Jones content to stay out of superfight conversation unless *challenged

Default Jones content to stay out of superfight conversation unless *challenged

Jones content to stay out of superfight conversation 'unless someone comes and challenges' him

"I think superfights are important for the sport," Jones explained to MMAFighting.com. "They're important for legacies. A desire to compete in one, I really don't have this big desire to compete against anyone in particular. Right now I have a good recipe of success, and they say if it's not broke, don't fix it. So unless someone comes and challenges me, or what not, I'm fine going on about my merry way and competing against these light heavyweights."

Jones' words are telling, considering the only superfight with his name attached is the one against Silva. It's a blockbuster match-up, potentially the biggest in the history of the sport, and as recent as a year ago it seemed impossible.

Yet with incentives slowly mounting, both publicly and financially, both men have shown signs of warming to the idea.

"Everything is a possibility," the young champ teased. "I really can't count too much out. I do believe that we're put on this earth to think big and dream big, and not limit ourselves. And fighting Anderson would be a definite testament of my faith and my warrior experience, and things like that. So who knows what will happen in the future."

Aware of how his words would be interpreted, Jones then added, "Sounds like we're breaking, huh? Me and Anderson, sounds like the story is twisting? I'm up for whatever, man."
    White recently vowed the Brazilian would fight both Jones and St-Pierre before his career was over.

"Anderson Silva is a guy that likes to challenge himself," he explained. "And I think he likes to f--k with you guys, to be honest with you. I'll read something and I'll be like, 'What the f--k? He said that?' I think he just plays with you guys because the conversations we have behind the scenes are completely different then what is said publicly. And when has Anderson Silva never stepped up to the plate and done what we've asked him or needed him to do?

"He'll fight anybody. He'll fight anybody, and he knows he'll win if he does. That's how he talks behind closed doors."
    Jon Jones content to stay out of superfight conversation 'unless someone comes and challenges' him - MMA Fighting
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hunt View Post
    I challenge you.
    Oh snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Jon Jones dry snitching on Anderson...

I think he likes to f--k with you guys, to be honest with you. I'll read something and I'll be like, 'What the f--k? He said that?' I think he just plays with you guys because the conversations we have behind the scenes are completely different then what is said publicly.
    Not the first time we have heard this kind of claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

I thought that was a Dana White quote?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I thought that was a Dana White quote?
    Derp.

Clearly it was Dana after looking back at it..

My apologies Mr. Jones.

Time for me to log off until I get some more coffee into my system after I edit my OP to make it more clear.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-11-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Silva definitely fucks with the media/his haters. He has often said that he doesn't care much for the same questions over and over again so I'm guessing he is just playing around with reporters most of the time.

Derp.

Clearly it was Dana after looking back at it..

My apologies Mr. Jones.

Time for me to log off until I get some more coffee into my system after I edit my OP to make it more clear.

It happens, no worries.

This is THE superfight to make. No matter who wins it's a great matchup and will tell who the current baddest man on the planet is. If Jones wins, it sets up a huge potential for a future superfight if Cigano, Overeem, or someone puts together an impressive title reign. The sky's the limit for Jones, damn, if I were him, I would be chomping at the bit.

I hope we don't miss out. Sonnen was a great middleweight contender, but this nonsense of him and the reality TV show is a waste of time. Timing is very important in the fight business. When you have it, it's important to take advantage of it before it's gone. People get old, retire, lose, lose luster. (Look at what happened with Manny P. Fedor vs Couture. Fedor's losing streak). Do it!
    Last edited by hass; 12-11-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: fingers don't want to type

Thread Information