+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven-time ufc veteran mark hominick retires

Default Seven-time ufc veteran mark hominick retires

MMAjunkie.com

Ten-year MMA veteran Mark Hominick (20-12 MMA, 3-4 UFC) has competed for the last time.

The 30-year-old Canadian and Shawn Tompkins protege announced on Tuesday's new edition of FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight" that he's hanging up the gloves in favor of chasing other options.

"I truly got to live my passion and follow my dreams by competing in mixed martial arts, especially under the Zuffa banner, but UFC 154, that's the last fight I'll be in the octagon, as I'm retiring and looking to move on to the next phase of my career," Hominick said.

Hominick actually made his UFC in March 2006, when he claimed a submission win over Yves Edwards. He returned in June of that year with a decision win over Jorge Gurgel.

Hominick then transitioned to the WEC, where he fought five times before returning to the UFC octagon.

The decision loss was the last time he would step in to the cage with his longtome trainer and friend Tompkins, who passed away unexpectedly in August

"As a family, I have young daughter," Hominick said. "I have another daughter on the way, and I think that's the next phase of my life. I need to put focus into that."

Hominick didn't reveal what he would do next, but he insisted that MMA will remain a focus in his life.
    Click link for full article.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Good luck in the future Mark.

terrible news, but i completely understand where this is coming from. I wouldnt be surprised if he took a year or two off before getting that itch to come back, just needs to take time off and get his mind in the right place...that camp hasnt been the same since tompkins passed away
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 12-12-2012 at 06:26 AM.

September 27, 2014

best of luck to hominick and his family. i've always enjoyed watching him compete. to this day, i still don't think anybody brought it to aldo like mark did. I always liked his style and personality.
    lemme touch your feet

He'll be back fighting in less than 2 years.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    He'll be back fighting in less than 2 years.
    Think so ? I think this retirement has been in the making for a while now he just wanted to see if he could get that one last win in.

Default Mark Hominick retires..........

I was quite surprised to hear this..........

Only 30 years old, and probably gave Aldo his toughest fight yet.........looked to have a lot of promise, even though he started going downhill after that fight.
    Last edited by dan the man 67; 12-12-2012 at 06:38 PM.

good luck to mark, always brought a war in the cage. i think he'll eventually return bit i agree he could use a break. the guys dome loomed like ground beef in a lot of his fights.....cant be good

10. Default

He was just never to come back from his best friend passing away. Sad man.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information