Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson to serve as co-main event for UFC on FUEL TV 7

Default Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson to serve as co-main event for UFC on FUEL TV 7

Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson to serve as co-main event for UFC on FUEL TV 7 - MMA Fighting

The UFC's fight card for its return to the United Kingdom continues to fill out. The promotion announced a featherweight bout between Dennis Siver and Cub Swanson will serve as that night's co-main event bout.

Siver, 33, is on a two-fight win streak since dropping to featherweight after losing handily at lightweight to Donald Cerrone at UFC 137 in October of 2011. He first defeated Diego Nunes by unanimous decision in April of this year and most recently bested Nam Phan in a one-sided bout on Saturday at UFC on Fox 5. Siver is 10-5 in the Octagon and holds a professional MMA record of 21-8.

Swanson, 29, is on a three-fight win streak at 145 pounds, all of the wins coming inside the 2012 calendar year. Swanson stopped George Roop with strikes at UFC on FOX 2 in January, did the same to Ross Pearson at UFC on FX 4 in June and recently knocked out Charles Oliveira in the first round at UFC 152. Swanson is 8-4 in Zuffa promotions and 18-5 in his overall MMA career.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place at the Wembley Arena in London, England on Feb. 16, 2013. The event is headlined by an interim bantamweight title bout between champion Renan Barao and challenger Michael McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Interesting matchup, both have been impressive in their recent outings. I'm rooting for Siver but think Cub will catch Siver and put him out like Cerrone did

I'll take my boy Siver! Think he has looked really good at FW so far...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

This is a great fight and really works for this card. Siver all the way!

This is one helluva fight. I like both, and both have been ripping it up lately. Been a big Siver fan for a long time, but I gotta feeling Cub is going to end it on the feet.

love this fight the winner should be one more win away from a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Cub's last three wins have been HUGE in the FW division and I'll be extremely interested to see how this turns out.

I love me some Siver, but is anybody else concerned about his issues cutting down to 145? Especially as he elevates his level of competition?

Will be interviewing them both in London . Can't wait.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

Good fight. Goose, who else do you think they will line up for this card (from Britain)?

Manuwa, Sass , Taylor , Etim , Ogle , Watson are all going to be there maybe Phil Harris. I was talking to Gunnar Nelson's team he wants to be on the card as well.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

Thread Information