Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit rematch set

Default Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit rematch set

Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit rematch set - MMA Fighting

Rory MacDonald challenged Carlos Condit to a rematch just seconds after his UFC on FOX 5 win over B.J. Penn Saturday night, and the UFC wasted no time in putting the fight together.

Both MacDonald and Condit have been offered the fight, according to sources, and both have agreed to meet in 2013.

MMAJunkie.com first reported the news Wednesday.

The rematch is expected to take place March 16 in Montreal, although, the UFC has yet to officially confirm its return to "La Belle Province" on that date.

Condit defeated MacDonald via TKO with just 7 seconds remaining in their UFC 115 fight in June 2010. Had the fight gone the distance, most believe MacDonald would have won via judges' decision.

"I was humiliated and embarrassed after that fight," MacDonald told FUEL TV Saturday night. "I think about that fight all the time. It haunts me, and I really need to get past that chapter in my life."

Condit responded to MacDonald's challenge with two words: "I'm in."

Since their first meeting, Condit (28-6) has gone 3-1, most recently losing a welterweight unification bout against Georges St-Pierre in Montreal last month.

MacDonald (14-1) has rebounded to win his last four in a row since suffering the first loss of his career against Condit in his home province of British Columbia

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

You think Rory would decline if it was a 5 round fight?

3. Default

Kind of a waste if you ask me.. Id rather see Condit rematch Diaz if he's gotta re-beat an opponent.

Rory should be ranked higher than Diaz at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Id agree, but I have a hard time "ranking" a fighter that has stated they wont fight the current champion.

Much like the whole Jardine thing when Rashaad was champ.
    luckily, we were never put in a situation where we had to rank jardine
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I knew that this fight would surely be made because I think that nothing would make Zuffa happier than Rory beating Condit and them being able to say he is ready for a WW title shot.

Now they get to build their drama and try to make a fight between a fighter and his mentor. They've been licking their chops, hoping to get a situation where these two truly had to stare down this scenario. They've always said they won't fight, but what if Rory's mind changes a bit once he is truly knocking on the door? If he does, how does GSP respond to it?

Think it would be fuckin awesome if Carlos finished Rory again, Carlos has gotten better since their last fight and so has Rory...hopefully Condit does it again

Rory and GSP only have one weakness if u ask me and that is their chins if you ask me.

I think if the 2 fought it would be like watching a chest match. Neither would commit to anything.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Really sucks though I wanted to see Rory take the fight GSP is apparently ducking or put an utter beat down on another fella with a 4 fight win streak in Matt Brown.

Zahabi always said he didn't want Rory fighting the tops of the division anytime soon I really don't see what beating Condit & BJ do for you besides make you number 2 or 3 guy in the world. I think Brown would have been smartest money if you were trying to not rush to a title shot.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information