Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patrick Cote Moving to Welterweight; Still Hopes to Fight at UFC 158

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Good for Cote. If he can make the cut and stay healthy I think it'll be the best place for him. Give him a fight with Ebersole.
    I would take Ebersole all day long.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

2. Default

Im concerned that patrick's power may not follow him down to 170.. There are a lot of potential great matchups for Cote in ww though. Thiago Alves, Matt Brown, Rory...

Cote is alright in my book but I think he has better chances at mw than at ww. There are too many strong wrestlers at ww for him, size advantage or not.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    I would take Ebersole all day long.
    Same here man, but I thought Ebersole was going to be making the move down to 155, or was that just a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Cote is alright in my book but I think he has better chances at mw than at ww. There are too many strong wrestlers at ww for him, size advantage or not.
    He's definitely going to struggle at WW man, I agree. He might be a huge WW, but there are a bunch of beasts that are not only huge WW's, but they're huge welterweights that used to the weight cut. I don't see him getting past guys like Kim, McDonald, Fitch, Hendricks, or any of those dudes.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    Same here man, but I thought Ebersole was going to be making the move down to 155, or was that just a rumour?
    He was going to, then took a last minute fight at WW. Last I heard he still planned on going to LW so I think the answer is yes, unless another last minute fight at WW comes up

I wouldn't mind watching my boy matt brown beat cote's ass.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Tim Kennedy too?!? Jeez, two oversized MW fighting at WW.

Frankly, I'm more upset about this aspect of fighting than undeserved title shots. Guys who fight at the right weight class, yet cant succeed there, so drop down to a smaller weight class for the sake of size advantage. The sport is moving away from fighting with skill to fighting with size.
    Honestly, how many fighters have actually had success after moving to a lighter weight class? Some guys are really too small for their divisions, but these guys who move down and kill their strength and endurance don't get anything out of it.

Zombie is born!

Thread Information