Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MMA: Koscheck vs. Lawler confirmed for UFC 157

Default MMA: Koscheck vs. Lawler confirmed for UFC 157

MMA: Koscheck vs. Lawler confirmed for UFC 157 - Keep Punching : The Orange County Register

Robbie Lawler, who has won multiple titles at middleweight, is dropping down to welterweight for his return to the UFC when he takes on former UFC welterweight title-challenger Josh Koscheck at UFC 157 on Feb. 23 at Honda Center, UFC officials announced on Wednesday night.

Lawler fought at 170 pounds early in his career and went 4-3 in his first stint in the UFC from 2002-04. After leaving the UFC, Lawler went on to win the Superbrawl, Icon Sport and EliteXC middleweight titles. Lawler, 30, of Granite City, Ill., has lost three of his past four fights in Strikeforce. Lawler is 19-9 with 16 KOs.

Koscheck (17-6), a former NCAA national wrestling champion and original cast member on the first season of “The Ultimate Fighter, is coming off a split decision loss to Johny Hendricks. Koscheck, 35, of Fresno, is 15-6 inside the octagon.

Ronda Rousey (6-0) and Liz Carmouche (7-2) will become the first women in UFC history to fight in the octagon when they meet for the newly-minted UFC women’s bantamweight championship in the main event of UFC 157.

In the other confirmed bouts for UFC 157, former Pride and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson (29-8) faces former UFC light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida (18-3) and former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber (26-6) takes on Ivan Menjivar (25-9) in a rematch.
    Source is the Orange County Register, so make of it what you will.

2. Default

Would of been great if you would of put Robbie Lawler. I thought of Tom Lawler and was like WTF.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

If it happens, I think Kos gets the TKO/KO victory, on the ground or on the feet...provided he's not completely gunshy.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Poor Kos. He calls Rory and Diaz and ends up getting stuck with Lawler. This is a huge step down in competition. Lawler should be fighting a like Ebersole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Would of been great if you would of put Robbie Lawler. I thought of Tom Lawler and was like WTF.
    Tom Lawler would have made a lot more sense.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Seeing Lawler get a KO over that curly headed fuck (rep to whoever gets the reference) would be an awesome return to the cage. I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Cmon lawler! I hope you can deliver us a another kos knock out.

This guy?

"If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Seeing Lawler get a KO over that curly headed fuck (rep to whoever gets the reference) would be an awesome return to the cage. I'd love to see it.
    Step Brothers

Wow he's only 30? Crazy. Welcome back to the UFC Robbie, should be a good fight if Kos doesn't wrestle fuck him into a living death.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I saw Lawler put Matt Lindland's to sleep live. Has some vicious power, but I think Kos takes this down.

Kalebarker, you said it should be lawler vs ebersole. I like ebersole and would love to see him fight kos. Anyone one know when ebersole will be fighting next?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I saw Lawler put Matt Lindland's to sleep live. Has some vicious power, but I think Kos takes this down.

Kalebarker, you said it should be lawler vs ebersole. I like ebersole and would love to see him fight kos. Anyone one know when ebersole will be fighting next?
    I don't think he has a fight lined up but I know that Ebersole mentioned dropping down to lightweight as a possibility.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Thread Information