Thread: Cody McKenzie injured, out of UFC 155 fight with Leonard Garcia

Hybrid View

1. Default Cody McKenzie injured, out of UFC 155 fight with Leonard Garcia

Cody McKenzie injured, out of UFC 155 fight with Leonard Garcia - Bloody Elbow

Injury news in MMA these days happen as frequently as Mark Sanchez turning the ball over, and sadly that's neither a good thing nor is it hilarious. Today another UFC 155 injury was confirmed by MMA Junkie, as featherweight and TUF alum Cody McKenzie is out of his preliminary card matchup against Leonard Garcia.

MMAjunkie.com (MMAjunkie.com) today learned from sources close to the fighter that a training injury has forced McKenzie (13-3 MMA, 2-3 UFC) to withdraw from a planned UFC 155 bout with Leonard Garcia.

McKenzie's featherweight debut was a clear as day squash match as Chad Mendes stopped him in less than a minute at UFC 148 with a body punch. He's lost 3 of his last 4, making him a potential "pink slip" candidate. McKenzie is most famous for his guillotine choke (dubbed the "McKenzietine"), which has been his finishing method for his last 10 victories.

Garcia is certainly facing the chopping block with another loss, as he's dropped his last 3 and hasn't recorded a non-split decision victory since his 2008 KO over Jens Pulver. His latest loss was against Matt Grice via unanimous decision in June. Leonard's noted for his sloppy but entertaining wars against Roger Huerta and Chan Sung Jung, and his multiple controversial decision victories.

No replacement opponent has been named or if there will even be one. UFC 155 has suffered 4 different injuries as well as Matt Mitrione and Chael Sonnen being moved to different cards.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Dam I like Cody think he would have won this one too.

He took time off to grow back that sweet goatee

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Garcia gets to face Max Holloway now instead of Cody Mckenzie...

Welp, that sucks for him...alot.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

This is too bad. I was looking forward to one of them getting cut.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information