Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Off For UFC 158 Due To Sakara Having Kidney Issues

Default Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Off For UFC 158 Due To Sakara Having Kidney Issues

Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Off For UFC 158 Due To Sakara Having Kidney Issues

Alessio Sakara will have to wait a little while longer to get his revenge against Patrick Cote, as the planned rematch for UFC 158 is off.

Sakara confirmed with Fighters Only Magazine that he will not be able to compete in March after undergoing several tests and finding out he has a kidney disorder.

“I cannot fight because of my kidneys. Three days ago I got some test results and the doctor has ordered that I stop everything for three months because of the renal (kidney) disease.”

The issue for Sakara likely comes from intense weight-cutting before fights. He is a bigger middleweight, forcing him to drop several pounds to make the limit.

Cote and Sakara fought earlier this year, with Cote earning a DQ victory after Sakara hit him with illegal strikes to the back of the head. The finish was controversial, as many thought Sakara was the winner before the ref ruled in Cote’s favor.
    What's worse for Alessio Sakara's health--fighting somebody or verbally agreeing to fight somebody???

On the bright side, this gives Zuffa another (maybe like their 5th) opportunity to make that Alessio Sakara vs Jorge Rivera fight.

Maybe fighters shouldn't try and cut so much wait looking for an unfair advantage.
    WAR BJ!

Well I didn't even know that they had planned a rematch but its a shame it's off.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Off For UFC 158 Due To Sakara Having Kidney Issues

What's worse for Alessio Sakara's health--fighting somebody or verbally agreeing to fight somebody???

On the bright side, this gives Zuffa another (maybe like their 5th) opportunity to make that Alessio Sakara vs Jorge Rivera fight.
    Rivera retired after his last fight. I don't think it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TODDJR88 View Post
    Maybe fighters shouldn't try and cut so much wait looking for an unfair advantage.
    WAR BJ!
    Ok, so if cutting wright gives an unfair advantage maybe your boy BJ should have been fighting at LHW...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Sakara can't ever catch a break.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Rivera retired after his last fight. I don't think it'll happen.
    I know Rivera retired--that sentence was written with sarcasm font.

Ok, so if cutting wright gives an unfair advantage maybe your boy BJ should have been fighting at LHW...
    What!?

What!?
    What? Do you think BJ walks around at 170?

What!?
    i think hes referring to BJ vs Machida when BJ faught at 190 pounds and Machida faught at 220.

Your boy BJ took it to all the 155 pound fighter because he was able to cut weight so idk why you would start your comments in this thread with; "Maybe fighters shouldn't try and cut so much wait looking for an unfair advantage.
    WAR BJ!" it just doesnt make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i think hes referring to BJ vs Machida when BJ faught at 190 pounds and Machida faught at 220.

Your boy BJ took it to all the 155 pound fighter because he was able to cut weight so idk why you would start your comments in this thread with; "Maybe fighters shouldn't try and cut so much wait looking for an unfair advantage.
    WAR BJ!" it just doesnt make sense.
    Actually, that's exactly what I had in mind.

i think hes referring to BJ vs Machida when BJ faught at 190 pounds and Machida faught at 220
    That just proves my point Bj doesnt have to cut all this weight to fight some body he doesn't mind being the smaller fighter he's fighting guys lke three weight classes above him. He even weighed in under 170 for his fight against Rory and i doubt he was cutting so much weight for 155 that it's affecting his health if your cutting that much weight that it's affecting your kidneys you should prolly move up

Thread Information