Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dan Henderson's camp takes issue with Ronda Rousey headlining UFC 157

Champion headlines, period. That is the logic and it will always make sense. If she was not champion then there would be room to complain. She became UFC champ same as Cruz and Aldo.

The money I don't beleive is an issue as they have a contract for the amount to show up and amount to win. If they have some PPV clause, they still get paid it...so money shouldn't be the issue.

They put a hotchick on the PPV poster to sell the PPV, Hendo/Machida should be the "main event", but that would immediately devalue their new title, so I can appreciate Ronda in the main.

Meh, Hendo probably just needs an elevation in test.

Two things:

1. I like how anytime Dana goes on a rant, we always have a couple of people that act like it means something. While I agree that champions should be the main eventers, coming from Dana it means nothing. Does anybody have any doubt that if Anderson got upset, and the right things happened for a Chael rematch to take place, would that not headline over a 135 title fight? I do not know if a UFC title fight has ever been the #2 fight on a card to a non-title fight, but even if it hasn't I doubt Zuffa is above doing it. They have more than proven that they don't give a shit about the pureness of the sport. I believe that a belt makes a card easier to sell, people want to see "the best in the world" fight. I think it is like everything else Zuffa does which is strictly "what makes us the most money". I think they would break the "Champs are the main eventers" thing in a heart beat if they could more money else where. Don't believe me? Then ask yourself this question, If GSP didn't exist, and Jon Fitch won the title, how many defenses that had shit buy rates do you think he would have before he wasn't the main eventer? Anybody remember when Dana threatened to put Anderson on the undercard?

2. Hendo's camp has a right to be mad, but not at Rousey. He has gotten screwed by Zuffa more times than probably anybody. There is no reason he shouldn't be in the main event against Bones. I know about the knee issues, and that whole mess, but nobody deserves that shot more than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    This shows just one more time that Dana does not give a fuck about his own fighters.
    So Dan Hendo is a legend, champion in many orgs, has had epic wars. His opponent is a former UFC champ, a very smart and good fighter.
    However they will not be the main event because there is this Bimbo Girl that fucks Dana White, that received a belt without having one single fight in the UFC, so far has shown that she is a one trick poney, and her opponent is someone that if she lasts more than 30 seconds, it will be already a victory for her.

But remember that it is just "Business as usual"
    Did Cruz and Aldo get their UFC before fighting in the UFC by sucking Dana's dick too?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

5. Default

I like Hendo but if I remember correctly he got two tile shots coming over from Pride, and he lost both. Now I do see if the complaint is it going from a 5 rounder to 3, but that doesn't seem what has his panties all rolled up in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I like Hendo but if I remember correctly he got two tile shots coming over from Pride, and he lost both. Now I do see if the complaint is it going from a 5 rounder to 3, but that doesn't seem what has his panties all rolled up in a bunch.
    He earned them both, and he has more than earned another one. If somebody earns something you can't really fault them for wanting their due.

People have to remember that Hendo waited till the last minute to pull out of his title fight; it was very unprofessional of him, and is the main reason why the event was cancelled. Why should he be given preferential treatment when his actions were so damaging to the company?

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I agree he earned a second title shot at 205#, but there isn't a 205 title fight that night. Dans not 135 and has a pole thats the title fight that night. All other complaints are moot to that night.
    Hendo should not be fighting that night.

Thread Information