+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Henderson's camp takes issue with Ronda Rousey headlining UFC 157

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    What exactly is stopping Hendo/Machida from being a 5 round fight? Why can't Zuffa just say "Fuck it, it's a five round fight"?
    :

Exactly. I agree with the logic that we could be missing another epic war. Hopefully Hendo and Machida are going to be paid well b/c that is who most people will buy the card for.

2. Default

Here Kevo I'll say it Fuck it. You happy now

It is a shame Lyoto/Hendo is only going to be 3 rounds. At the same time, Dan should be happy because a 4th and 5th round aren't going to do Dan any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Dan didn't look so hot in rounds 4 and 5 against shogun particularly 5 so this is not such a bad thing for him. And yeah champs should always headline. Always.
    As much of a fan of Dan's I am, this is exactly why we need 5 rounds. Anyone wanting to fight/continue fighting at the elite level needs to be able to perform at that level.

What exactly is stopping Hendo/Machida from being a 5 round fight?
    I really wonder how time allotment works for PPV's.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Here Kevo I'll say it Fuck it. You happy now
    Goddammit you're not Zuffa!

Quote Originally Posted by rough-n-tumble View Post

I really wonder how time allotment works for PPV's.
    They're had two title fights on the same card before, I can't imagine there'd be a difference. I think all title eliminator/#1 contender fights should be 5 rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    oh come on let ronda have her moment, yes henderson is a legend but not headlining one ufc ppv shouldnt be a big deal considering the lengthy resume of an established mma icon
    It's more disturbing that he got screwed out of his title shot against Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Vagina or not, the title fight should always be the maint event. Hendo should consider this a blessing. A 3 round favors him more than a 5 round fight.
    Good point. Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez were originally scheduled to headline a supremely stacked card with far bigger names under them, before the card was shaken up and a bigger title fight was added.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    They're had two title fights on the same card before, I can't imagine there'd be a difference. I think all title eliminator/#1 contender fights should be 5 rounds.
    Agreed, but then the winners of the #1 contenders matchups would actually have to be given titleshots and we know that doesn't always happen.

Ronda shouldn't be headlining a UFC event.

I was also hoping this would be a 5 rounder, but think that making this a 5 rounder would only cause problems in the future with people debating on what qualifies a fight to be 5 rounds when not a title fight or a main event.

Also, I agree with whoever it was that mentioned Henderson is more interested in the main event because of money then it being 5 rounds.

This shows just one more time that Dana does not give a fuck about his own fighters.
    So Dan Hendo is a legend, champion in many orgs, has had epic wars. His opponent is a former UFC champ, a very smart and good fighter.
    However they will not be the main event because there is this Bimbo Girl that fucks Dana White, that received a belt without having one single fight in the UFC, so far has shown that she is a one trick poney, and her opponent is someone that if she lasts more than 30 seconds, it will be already a victory for her.

But remember that it is just "Business as usual"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information