Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Dan Henderson's camp takes issue with Ronda Rousey headlining UFC 157

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    I have never met so many people who hate money all in one place before. Now what I think is funny is that usually the same people complaining that all Zuffa cares about is money are the same people who want fighters to get paid more...???... So unless we fans are going to start cutting these fighters some checks, we better hope that Zuffa makes money.

    Now on the subject at hand, I would be willing to bet that if Rousey was not the main event despite it being a title fight the Pasha K's of the world would be the first ones leading a rally with claims that all Zuffa cares about is money, and that these woman deserve their spot as the main event.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    However, she is not the UFC champion yet. She still has to win this fight to get that belt. On the other hand, we have Hendo, who has also been the Strikeforce champion (never lost the belt), Pride champion in 2 different weight classes; he has been ranked #1 contender for the UFC 205 lbs, and #6 by many pound for pound best fighter. His resume is second to none, moreover, he is fighting a former champion, Lyoto Machida. Now why aren't they main event?
    Where to start with this one...well, sorry to break it to you Gus Pugliese but Ronda IS the CHAMPION, and she does not have to win the belt to become champion, she was named champion to begin with...I guess he missed that presser the other day.

    Now according to Gus we have Hendo, which by his words has never been able to cut it in the UFC...sorry he didn’t say that I did, he said Hendo has won the strikeforce title (which he later vacated) and 2 Pride belts, now what’s that old saying... "Not a real champion until you defend your belt." well guess what, every belt Hendo has had guess how many times he has defended them....ZERO times TOTAL (0-3 record in title defenses) Ronda on the other hand had at least successfully defended her title.

    Finally he asks, "Why aren’t they the main event" and here is why, as it has been for X amount years if there is a champion on the card (not former, or self-proclaimed P4P this, or self-proclaimed that) they are the main event. I don’t understand why this easy concept is so hard for some people to understand.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    People have to remember that Hendo waited till the last minute to pull out of his title fight; it was very unprofessional of him, and is the main reason why the event was cancelled. Why should he be given preferential treatment when his actions were so damaging to the company?
    People also need to remember that Dan has been screwed multiple times by that same company.

    Hendo beat Shogun on Nov. 19th, 2011.

    Jones beat Machida on Dec. 10th, 2011.

    Evans beat Davis on Jan. 28th, 2012.

    Jones beat Evans on Apr. 21st, 2012.

    Hendo was suppose to have the next title shot but instead had to wait an extra 2 months for Evans to have his fight then Evans to have his shot at Jones first. The UFC and Dana certainly should take some of the blame in causing Dan's injury in the first place forcing him to be out for such an extended time prior. If you were Dan and got screwed over and over by them wouldn't you wait until you knew for sure that you couldn't fight for the title before saying something?

    Calling the man who will truly fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, at any weight class unprofessional is just absurd. GTFO.
    Legalize MMA in New York


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    People also need to remember that Dan has been screwed multiple times by that same company.

    Hendo beat Shogun on Nov. 19th, 2011.

    Jones beat Machida on Dec. 10th, 2011.

    Evans beat Davis on Jan. 28th, 2012.

    Jones beat Evans on Apr. 21st, 2012.

    Hendo was suppose to have the next title shot but instead had to wait an extra 2 months for Evans to have his fight then Evans to have his shot at Jones first. The UFC and Dana certainly should take some of the blame in causing Dan's injury in the first place forcing him to be out for such an extended time prior. If you were Dan and got screwed over and over by them wouldn't you wait until you knew for sure that you couldn't fight for the title before saying something?

    Calling the man who will truly fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, at any weight class unprofessional is just absurd. GTFO.
    Hendo was injured long before he pulled out of the fight. Your time line means nothing, I don't even know what point you are trying to make. That Hendo refused to fight someone else and elected to wait for Jones, and that is somehow Zuffa's fault? And if Hendo really did want to fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, why would he pull out of so many fights and turn down so many fights. He's one of my favorite fighters, but he's a bit of a prima donna, and he doesn't even have a belt. Him bitching about Ronda getting the main event is just another example of this.


    Zombie is born!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    I have never met so many people who hate money all in one place before. Now what I think is funny is that usually the same people complaining that all Zuffa cares about is money are the same people who want fighters to get paid more...???... So unless we fans are going to start cutting these fighters some checks, we better hope that Zuffa makes money.

    Now on the subject at hand, I would be willing to bet that if Rousey was not the main event despite it being a title fight the Pasha K's of the world would be the first ones leading a rally with claims that all Zuffa cares about is money, and that these woman deserve their spot as the main event.
    Funny thing is that you have been here only 1 month, yet you talk as if you know what would I think in some particular situation.

    You say "Now what I think is funny is that usually the same people complaining that all Zuffa cares about is money are the same people who want fighters to get paid more...???"...well why don't you tell us the names of those people that think that way?
    Tell me who are the people that complain about Zuffa caring only about money and at the same time complain about fighters not receiving enough payment??

    And anyway there is no any relation between those 2 things.
    I do not complain about Zuffa caring only about money because some fighters receive way much more money than others.
    I complain about that because they make tons of senseless fights, because they lie all the time, they contradict themselves all the time, because they insult fighters that deserve respect, and because they think that all fans are complete morons that will believe everything the bald fuck has to say.

    Then once again you show that you know absolutely nothing about me, but you happily say BS like "Now on the subject at hand, I would be willing to bet that if Rousey was not the main event despite it being a title fight the Pasha K's of the world would be the first ones leading a rally with claims that all Zuffa cares about is money, and that these woman deserve their spot as the main event"

    Well I highly recommend you to never bet on anything, because you suck at it.
    I have never ever said that women deserve their spot as the main event, and if they deserve it, then at least it should be a super fight like Rousey vs Cyborg in a card where the other fighters do not deserve to fight in the main event.

    In this case, they are moving to the co main event a fight like Hendo vs Machida (I hope I don't need to waste time explaining you why any of them deserve to fight for the title instead of Chael Sonnen) and they are making as the main event a total mismatch between Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche that has nothing to do there at all.
    Obviously Ronda is going to easily win this by armbar (probably in less than 25 seconds) and then Dana will continue putting her in Main events.

    I really hope so much that all their circus with Ronda Rousey fails big time just like it happened in EliteXC 4 years ago with Kimbo Slice when he lost to Seth Petruzelli in 14 seconds.

    I do not care at all if the moves Dana makes, are good for his pocket. I care only about the sport aspect of MMA.
    If I want to see some circus, I will watch the WWE.

    MMA should be a sport, not an hybrid between a legit sport and pro wrestling.
    I do not care at all about if Dana White will make 15 millions, or 13 millions. I am a fan of the sport of MMA, and despite that the fighters are not my friends or family members and I will not be affected at all if they fight in the main even or in the undercard, I respect them and I admire them. Some of those fighters are an example for me. That is why I am disgusted that some bald dumbass that was not even an amateur fighter, treat them in such a disrespectful way.

    Dana should understand and respect the fact that while he is on Twitter arguing with random fans, pro fighters are busting their ass in the GYM knowing that if they lose their next fight, they will probably get cut and will have troubles feeding their family.
    Last edited by Pasha K; 12-19-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    Hendo was injured long before he pulled out of the fight. Your time line means nothing, I don't even know what point you are trying to make. That Hendo refused to fight someone else and elected to wait for Jones, and that is somehow Zuffa's fault? And if Hendo really did want to fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, why would he pull out of so many fights and turn down so many fights. He's one of my favorite fighters, but he's a bit of a prima donna, and he doesn't even have a belt. Him bitching about Ronda getting the main event is just another example of this.
    Dan didn't bitch about shit. The article is using words from a coach at Team Quest. I'm not surprised you don't understand the timeline despite me explaining it very clearly.

    Why should Hendo fight someone else when he was promised a title shot? Makes no sense. Of course he is now doing that. Yes, that is Zuffa's fault.

    BTW, I laughed my ass off at the "damaging to the company" line. Guess Dana will have to suck it up and only throw out $5,000 tips at the casino.
    Legalize MMA in New York


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Hendo should just stfu. He had a chance to headline a PPV against Jon Jones. I would be very much surprised if this fight even lasted 3 rounds anyways.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Funny thing is that you have been here only 1 month, yet you talk as if you know what would I think in some particular situation.

    You say "Now what I think is funny is that usually the same people complaining that all Zuffa cares about is money are the same people who want fighters to get paid more...???"...well why don't you tell us the names of those people that think that way?
    Tell me who are the people that complain about Zuffa caring only about money and at the same time complain about fighters not receiving enough payment??

    And anyway there is no any relation between those 2 things.
    I do not complain about Zuffa caring only about money because some fighters receive way much more money than others.
    I complain about that because they make tons of senseless fights, because they lie all the time, they contradict themselves all the time, because they insult fighters that deserve respect, and because they think that all fans are complete morons that will believe everything the bald fuck has to say.

    Then once again you show that you know absolutely nothing about me, but you happily say BS like "Now on the subject at hand, I would be willing to bet that if Rousey was not the main event despite it being a title fight the Pasha K's of the world would be the first ones leading a rally with claims that all Zuffa cares about is money, and that these woman deserve their spot as the main event"

    Well I highly recommend you to never bet on anything, because you suck at it.
    I have never ever said that women deserve their spot as the main event, and if they deserve it, then at least it should be a super fight like Rousey vs Cyborg in a card where the other fighters do not deserve to fight in the main event.

    In this case, they are moving to the co main event a fight like Hendo vs Machida (I hope I don't need to waste time explaining you why any of them deserve to fight for the title instead of Chael Sonnen) and they are making as the main event a total mismatch between Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche that has nothing to do there at all.
    Obviously Ronda is going to easily win this by armbar (probably in less than 25 seconds) and then Dana will continue putting her in Main events.

    I really hope so much that all their circus with Ronda Rousey fails big time just like it happened in EliteXC 4 years ago with Kimbo Slice when he lost to Seth Petruzelli in 14 seconds.

    I do not care at all if the moves Dana makes, are good for his pocket. I care only about the sport aspect of MMA.
    If I want to see some circus, I will watch the WWE.

    MMA should be a sport, not an hybrid between a legit sport and pro wrestling.
    I do not care at all about if Dana White will make 15 millions, or 13 millions. I am a fan of the sport of MMA, and despite that the fighters are not my friends or family members and I will not be affected at all if they fight in the main even or in the undercard, I respect them and I admire them. Some of those fighters are an example for me. That is why I am disgusted that some bald dumbass that was not even an amateur fighter, treat them in such a disrespectful way.

    Dana should understand and respect the fact that while he is on Twitter arguing with random fans, pro fighters are busting their ass in the GYM knowing that if they lose their next fight, they will probably get cut and will have troubles feeding their family.
    Well, I have been reading these forums for years now, but you are right, I have only been posting for a few weeks.

    That first part about fighters pay was not directed at you (it really wasn't) more of a general statement, because I know that I have read numerous times that all the UFC cares about is making money and that they don't pay their fighters enough. But again that really wasn't an attack on you, just a general theme that I have read about on here.

    You are saying that the UFC insults fighters that deserve respect, but yet you say that Ronda does not deserve the main event even though she is fighting for a title and lets face it, it really doesn't matter if its her title or not, if she earned it or not, its a title fight and thats really the bottom line. To top it off you say that the only reason she is getting her shot is because she is sucking the bald fucks dick (you were more eloquent in the way you put it, I'm just paraphrasing). So you are setting him (Dana/UFC) up for failure, because the way I see it, if she is getting the main event, he is disrespecting some other fighters, but if she doesn't get the main event I don't see how anyone could make the case that, that wouldn't be disrespectful to her and to women's mma.

    I understand you never said Woman deserve to be on the main event. And thats my point, you cant complain about Zuffa being disrespectful to fighters while at the same time wanting them to disrespect all of womens mma by not having their first fight/title fight ever as the main event, when it is well known that title fights are always and to this day have always been the main event. Im not even a fan of womans MMA and honestly I dont think it will really last due to a lack of quality fighters, but thats a different discussion, Im just trying to make the point that Im really not biased on this matter. The only reasonable argument I have heard on this is that perhaps the event should have been on free TV as opposed to a PPV which I think is a good point, but who knows, maybe FOX is not ready to have womens mma on air yet, again who knows.

    Again, Im not new to the sport or to this site, just because i just started making posts now, so no, you dont have to explain to me why they are more deserving of a shot then Sonnen is. The argument here is should Rousey be the main event, and the answer is simple, yes, its a title fight. how long the fight will last has nothing to do with it, or Tyson would have fought in the prelims for most of his career.

    "Dana should understand and respect the fact that while he is on Twitter arguing with random fans, pro fighters are busting their ass in the GYM knowing that if they lose their next fight, they will probably get cut and will have troubles feeding their family."
    This is the part that really confuses me. You say you dont care if Dana makes money but you are also worried about the fighters feeding their families. Well who do you think writes those fighters paychecks? You have to remember that when Zuffa took over the UFC, it was a dying sport ( I cannot emphasize that enough) and now it is the fastest growing sport in the world. That cost money, so that is why I like it when Dana makes money, because it further legitimizes and grows my favorite sport. I think its funny when people criticize the UFC and praise Bellator when the guys running the UFC took a huge gamble with a dying sport while the guys at Bellator tagged along only after business was booming... I have nothing against Bellator, but that will never make sense in my mind.

    Do I like all the bureaucracy, no I don't, but I understand it is necessary. Us hardcore fans mostly only care about the sport aspect of MMA, but unfortunately if no one else cared about all the other aspects that tag along with the expansion of a sport, today we would be stuck watching Kimbo brawl in his backyard.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,491

    Default

    You make some valid points, but there are some things I disagree with you.

    You are saying that the UFC insults fighters that deserve respect, but yet you say that Ronda does not deserve the main event even though she is fighting for a title
    Yes it is for the title, but first of all this is a huge mismatch. Liz Carmouche has done nothing to be considered a little bit of a threat to Rousey.
    First of all Dana White already disrespected big time both Lyoto and Hendo by giving the title shot to Chael Sonnen, and now he is giving the main event to a girl that is 6-0, and that will face Liz Carmouche.
    If it was Rousey vs Cyborg then I would agree that it should be the main event, because that is fight everybody wants to see, and has the potential to be a very competitive fight. But Rousey vs Carmouche the main event of a PPV??
    There are still many many people that do not like at all Women's MMA.
    If they wanted so much to put Rousey in the main event, at least they could do it in some UFC on Fuel or FX card, but not in a PPV.

    To top it off you say that the only reason she is getting her shot is because she is sucking the bald fucks dick
    Otherwise why Dana became so damn interested in making a WMMA division? He even admitted that he made that division only for Rousey.
    And it is not that Rousey is the first or only good WMMA fighter.
    Megumi Fuji was a beast. Dana probably does not even know who she is.
    Cyborg Santos was also very very dominant.
    Gina Carano was a very good fighter and sexy as hell.

    Dana never showed any interest in making a WMMA division. He always said that there was not enough talent.
    And now there is enough talent??? Of course not.

    Anyway it is a known fact that in any business, it is a common thing that a girl spends time in the bed of an important producer or the boss in order to achieve something important.

    So you are setting him (Dana/UFC) up for failure, because the way I see it, if she is getting the main event, he is disrespecting some other fighters, but if she doesn't get the main event I don't see how anyone could make the case that, that wouldn't be disrespectful to her and to women's mma.
    You can respect Rousey and WMMA and at the same time do not disrespect anyone.
    He could have gave Rousey the main event in some non PPV card.
    And if he wanted her to headline some PPV, then at least he could have made a mediocre PPV card (Like he has done many of them this year), so Rousey was the only logical option to headline it.
    But here you have Machida and Hendo, that already were bitchslapped by Dana when he made Sonnen the No. 1 contender. And now they are considered "less important" than a 6-0 girl that is just making her UFC debut, and another girl that is there just to make Rousey look extremely good.

    I understand you never said Woman deserve to be on the main event. And thats my point, you cant complain about Zuffa being disrespectful to fighters while at the same time wanting them to disrespect all of womens mma by not having their first fight/title fight ever as the main event
    Same thing. They could have been the main event in some non PPV card. Or in a PPV card where the other fighters do not deserve to headline a big event.
    Or at least they could have made Rousey vs Cyborg.
    My problem here is not mainly that Rousey is getting the main event, my problem is that they put Liz Carmouche, who has shown nothing to be considered a legit threat to Rousey.

    Again, Im not new to the sport or to this site, just because i just started making posts now, so no, you dont have to explain to me why they are more deserving of a shot then Sonnen is.
    Ok that is a huge relief actually. When you have Roaddawgs here, you really spend tons of time explaining the most logical things ever.
    Look at his last jewel:

    Hendo should just stfu. He had a chance to headline a PPV against Jon Jones.
    See what I am talking about?

    or Tyson would have fought in the prelims for most of his career.
    I did not followed Tyson's career 20 years ago.
    So I have a serious question. Tyson fought the best fighters available or he was fighting cans?

    This is the part that really confuses me. You say you dont care if Dana makes money but you are also worried about the fighters feeding their families. Well who do you think writes those fighters paychecks?
    You missed my point.
    I know that it is Dana who signs the checks, I am not saying that he does not pay them enough.
    My point is that sometimes he says such disrespectful things towards them. A couple of years ago I though that he only talked shit to fighters outside of the UFC. But now he bashed his own fighters.
    As an example, when JDS defeated Cain in 1 minute. He disrespected both of them by saying that JDS gasses after the second round, and that Cain had a very stupid gameplan.
    Both of them trained like animals for months, and because Dana did not liked the fact that the fight ended in 1 minute, he began talking as if both JDS and Cain are a couple of dummies.

    And another thing is that he disrespects the legit title contenders by giving the shots to someone only because he is more popular.
    Chael vs Jones is the ultimate example of that.
    GSP vs Diaz is also disrespectful to Hendricks.

    You have to remember that when Zuffa took over the UFC, it was a dying sport ( I cannot emphasize that enough) and now it is the fastest growing sport in the world. That cost money, so that is why I like it when Dana makes money, because it further legitimizes and grows my favorite sport. I think its funny when people criticize the UFC and praise Bellator when the guys running the UFC took a huge gamble with a dying sport while the guys at Bellator tagged along only after business was booming... I have nothing against Bellator, but that will never make sense in my mind.
    I absolutely agree that ZUffa did an awesome job in making MMA what it is today.
    My problem is that some people think that it is all thanks to Dana White.
    First of all they should realize that the people that invested the money were the Ferttitas, not Dana White.
    Secondly there is the known fact that when UFC was about to die, it was TUF that saved them, and that was an idea Dana did not liked at all.
    I am not saying that Dana is a bad businessman because obviously he is not.
    My main problem is his behaviour. He loves to act like a Prima Donna as if it is him who actually gets in the cage and fights.
    He is extremely arrogant and disrespectful to everybody. Even his own mom wrote a book just to say how horrible he has became since he is the UFC president. (Very unclassy move by the mom, btw).

    If Dana was way more respectful, then (even wih his BS decisions like Chael vs Jones) I would not dislike him.
    But he acts like he is some kind of God, and he is always like "I am always right, if you do not agree with me then Fuck you all".
    The UFC 151 fiasco was only his fault, because he made such a bad card, that when the main event got ruined, he had to cancel the whole event. He never recognized his responsability. He inmediately blamed Jon Jones for all what happened.
    A true leader, a true man recognizes his mistakes. Dana just acted like a brat looking someone else to blame.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  10. #40
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Sucks that Hendo/Machida wont be 5 rounds... I personally dont see it going 3 rounds, but wouldnt be shocked if it did... If anything 3 rounds favors Dan imo... He has never shown to have a great gas tank...

    Im not sure on the exact details, but if there is contractually more money to be had being in the main even, then I would be pissed as well if I was Dan or Lyoto. Hell id bet the house that Dan/Lyoto would outdraw Ronda's fight...

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post

    Hendo was suppose to have the next title shot but instead had to wait an extra 2 months for Evans to have his fight then Evans to have his shot at Jones first.
    Where did you get that from... I remember Dan saying something like that after the Shogun fight, but Dana shot it down several times even before the Jones/Machida fight... He said Rashad was next...

    Dan likes to play hardball with Dana... Always trying to get what he wants... which he should, but Dana doesnt seem to like that too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    Why should Hendo fight someone else when he was promised a title shot? Makes no sense. Of course he is now doing that. Yes, that is Zuffa's fault.
    What are you referring to?

    He had his shot, got injured... then it fell out... shit happens...

    You cant blame the UFC for moving on... trying to strike while the Iron is hot on the Sonnen/Jones BS... They werent going to hold off everything until Dan was good to go..

    Add to that... Dan may have had a part in the whole Sonnen BS... Being injured 3 weeks out... around the same time when Sonnen oddly starts ripping at Jones and calling him out... Sonnen and Dan have known each other for a long time now...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    I have never met so many people who hate money all in one place before. Now what I think is funny is that usually the same people complaining that all Zuffa cares about is money are the same people who want fighters to get paid more...???... So unless we fans are going to start cutting these fighters some checks, we better hope that Zuffa makes money.
    Yep, its like none of them know how the fight business works... It gives you a good laugh from time to time...

    I always see people on here picking and choosing fighters that care about the Money... Heres a shocker... they all do, and the UFC does as well...

    I have viewed Dan as a very money hungry fighter for a while now... From seeing interviews, articles, etc... Im not saying that in a disrespectful way... because im not under the illusion that most fighters dont care about money... Let him try and get as much as he can.
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 12-20-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •