Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dong Hyun Kim disappointed with UFC on Fuel TV 8 matchup, wanted more name value

1. Default Dong Hyun Kim disappointed with UFC on Fuel TV 8 matchup, wanted more name value

Dong Hyun Kim disappointed with Siyar Bahadurzada UFC on Fuel TV 8 matchup, wanted a fighter with more ?name value? - MMAmania.com

Siyar Bahadurzada who?

That's apparently what Dong Hyun Kim thought when he saw his fight contract for UFC on Fuel TV 8, as "Stun Gun" reveals to Fighters Only he was hoping for a fighter with more "name value" in his next outing after putting in work for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), competing 10 times for the organization.

Bahadurzada may not have the "name value" to the "casual fan," but rest assured, "The Great" has put work in himself, winning seven straight mixed martial arts (MMA) fights with six of them coming by way of knockout.

Though Kim says he isn't underestimating his opponent, the people around him seem to think he will win pretty easily over the Afghanistan native.

Way to stroke that ego.

In preparing for the March 3, 2013 showdown, which will go down at the legendary Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, "Stun Gun" encountered disappointment yet again, citing frustrations for being unable to find enough fight footage of his opponent.

That's because the lethal striker, Bahadurzada, has made it a habit to end fights early, winning five of his last seven bouts in the opening round.

And he doesn't plan on letting up.

If Kim was looking through the UFC video archives, he didn't have much luck either, as Bahadurzada has spent less than one minute inside the Octagon, knocking out Paulo Thiago back in April of this year in what was his debut for the promotion.

Kim shares his concerns:

"I fought over ten times in the UFC so I am pretty indifferent to who my opponent is. But still I want to have a fight that will get the fans excited. Siyar Bahadurzada seems to have a good record but there isn't much tape on him, but I will be careful because I heard he is a striker. I'm a bit disappointed I couldn't find a tape of Siyar in a grueling grappling type fight. Because so many people think I will win easily I have to be extra careful not to underestimate him. I didn't expect to be offered Siyar Bahadurzada. I wanted a fight with a more experienced fighter with name value."
    Kim got back in the win column after earning a unanimous decision victory over the aforementioned Thiago at UFC on Fuel TV 6: "Franklin vs. Lee" last month, the same Thiago who Bahurdazada turned into mincemeat in his promotional debut. Prior to that, the Korean-born fighter lost to Demian Maia after suffering a "freak" muscle spasm in the very first round at UFC 148 earlier this year.

Looking to rack up back-to back wins for the first time since beginning his UFC career with five straight victories won't be easy, as Bahadurzada is just as eager to make it two-for-two inside the Octagon.

And to make a name for himself, too.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Gooo Siyar! Do do Kim what Condit did!
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

I got a feeling Kim is gonna Grapple fuck this guy. Syar better be ready he will not have fought in almost a year when he takes on Kim.

Here is a cool vid of syar and werdum sparring.

Fabricio Werdum and Syar Bahadurzada hitting each other really hard - YouTube

I never have figured out how to put a vid in. If anyone has time to tell me I would be appreciative.

Good sparring of Werdum and Siyar. Kid has got a chin on him. Took some heavy knees and shin shots to the head and didnt even stagger, even for a sparring match.

We all know Siyar got his striking and DHK got his grappling. Thing is, DHK's grappling is set up with Judo takedowns and not wrestling. That means for DHK to take Siyar down, he would have to close the distance, get in the clinch, and then proceed to take Siyar down, and there in-lies the problem. He has to get close to Siyar's striking range to initiate the takedown, which is not good. He can't set up the takedown from the outside with a single/double leg like a wrestler would.

Given that Siyar now trains with Blackzillians, I think he should have no problem finding plenty of grapplers to teach him to work his TDD.

siyar is a lose/lose matchup for most of the division. beating kim could push him up to koscheck level, or a step sideways like story
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I got a feeling Kim is gonna Grapple fuck this guy. Syar better be ready he will not have fought in almost a year when he takes on Kim.

I never have figured out how to put a vid in. If anyone has time to tell me I would be appreciative.
    Under the video, look for the "Share tab". Click that, then find the tab labeled "Embed". Copy the file that comes up, and then paste it directly into the message box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post

Nice find man!

I've been hoping to see more of Kim's striking as he's been improving a lot, but this is not the fight to do that.

I really like both guys, I have a hard time choosing, but I think Kim might be too much for Siyar's cardio, especially having been out for so long.

Stun Gun better be careful, or he'll be disappointed he lost the fight by another vicious KO. Siyar is a beast and is somewhat underrated in my opinion. Kim's best chance is to get the fight on the ground, quick.

Hope Siyar takes his heard off, I don't like Kim.

I would be disappointed too.
    Siyar is not well known among casual fans, yet he has the power to put Kim to sleep.

So it is basically a lose-lose situation for the Korean.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information