Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexander Emelianenko retires

Default Alexander Emelianenko retires

Pride and M1 star Alexander Emelianenko (21-6) has announced his retirement. The owner of a 6-2 record in Pride, one of Emelianenko’s high points was his first round TKO of Sergei Kharitonov at Pride Final Conflict Absolute in 2006. He also had a remarkable run in 04/05 when he scored three consecutive KO victories in a combined 54 seconds. The three-time Sambo openweight world champion told his fans today via Facebook:

Dear fans,

I want to thank you for your support, for having supported me in spite of all that they say about me. Unfortunately, I will not be able to perform in the ring because of health problems caused by old injuries. Of course, as an athlete it’s a hard time. I am grateful to my fans and partners for their support, for believing in me, and I am grateful to my detractors. Your attitude always made me move forward and achieve new things. I realise now I was hit by a barrage of accusations and criticisms, not directly related to my job. Unfortunately, there will always be people who want you in bad situations to score points. I don’t want to comment on anything, explain or justify. Each of us in life does good and does bad – that is our nature. I think I did a lot for the sport and I hope my example has drawn a lot of young people to the gym. Otherwise, God will judge us all, in time. Now I want to give the publicity away. I want to take care of my health, my family, which I lost, and my daughter, who I love very much. Perhaps I will see you again. Thank you! Be well and believe in God!

Your AE
    MMA Lives Here
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

one of the great stories of unreached potential. i wonder how badly fedor beat him up after jeff monson choked the hepatitis out of aleks last month
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

A sad story.
    Back in the day he had the potential to become one of the best fighters in the HW division.
    His boxing was absolutely awesome, I think that in his prime, it was probably as good as JDS's. His ground game was never his strong point, but he was a Sambo champion so he already knew some stuff there. If he moved to train wrestling or BJJ with a serious camp, he could have been a beast.

But in 2008 all his problems began. The rumours about the Hepatitis. His constant claims that he was not ill and that very soon we would watch him fighting Top guys in Top Orgs, instead, he was fighting 1 time per year against some can (and he lost to some of those cans btw).
    It is not a secret that his relationship with Fedor is not good.

It is a shame. He had a huge huge huge potential, but at the end it was all a fail.
    I am not sure how good of an example he is for young people.
    It is incredible how different are both Fedor and Aleks.

Well, so this is the end of the Emelianenkos.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

What could have been...what could have been...

So there are no longer any Emelianenkos fighting in MMA. At all, anywhere.

Merry Fuckin Christmas.

6. Default

Good bad or Ugly his past was it still was a honorable way to how he retired. He didn't dwell on anything but good, and made no artifical cliams

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So there are no longer any Emelianenkos fighting in MMA. At all, anywhere.

Merry Fuckin Christmas.
    Wait, isn't there an "Ivan" that nobody talks about? What's that guy up to?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Wait, isn't there an "Ivan" that nobody talks about? What's that guy up to?
    Still doing Samba as far as I know, but not interested in MMA. Fedorlei might know more about that though...

9. Default

According to some posters in other forums who speak Russian, there is more to this story.

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is what someone else wrote:

"In case you want to know... Several days ago he was drunk as hell during his mma seminar (there were around 30 guys there, and of course they paid money for that), he didnt show them anything useful, it was hard just to understand what he was talking.

He spat at some dude at the airport and was behaving like a total jackass. Alexander was always like that. Yes, sometimes he gets drunk and does some stupid things like that. But this was to much even for M-1 and they fired him. The next day he retired.

Sorry if my english was bad

P.S.Alexander was telling that he would go to the UFC and defeat all their fighters in some of his interviews. And he always says, that he is in the top 10 of the best fighters in the world. And you know what? Some people in Russia really believe in that (of course they are not some real mma fans, they all laugh and joke about that)"
    ------------------

you think fedor fired him? that's be like a repeat of the combat sambo championships from two years ago..
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Thread Information