Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White Disses Bob Arum

Default Dana White Disses Bob Arum

White has consistently bashed Arum and boxing promoters in general for not making the best fights possible, so it's hypocritical that he's now blaming "Uncle Bob" for putting Pacquiao in a tough match. Dana likes to talk about how the UFC's mission is to give MMA fans the best fights possible, even though he clearly supports "cash cows" being protected.
    Don't act surprised though, we've all known about how Dana likes to protect his top money-makers for quite some time.
    Just ask Johny Hendricks.
    Dana White Disses Bob Arum; Calls Him a 'moron' for Making Pacquiao-Marquez 4 - Yahoo! Sports

Looks like even the mainstream fight fans are noticing and commenting on the match making of late. How's the heat hold in that glass house Dana?
    LJS-NEMS

When it was announced I thought the fight made no sense (Pacquiao/Marquez 4). Even if Pacquiao won, the fight still made no sense. He should have had the immediate rematch with Bradley, no question.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Dana is right. Arum should have made some absolute mismatch for Pacman. Such as Rousey vs Carmouche.

I am not defending Arum though. Both Arum and Dana are liars and they do not give a single fuck about the sport. I hope they drown in their own money.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

for those that didnt know he said it during the media scrum from this past weekend. Fast forward to 14:11 of the video.

Now, here is what dana said in the video;

"Dumbest fight in history," White said about Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4, per 5thround.com. "Bob Arum is a moron. You don't take that fight, you idiot. Why would you do that fight? It's all about the money, that's why. That was a money fight, that's what that fight was done for. He should have fought Bradley. Bradley's the fight they should have done. He would have knocked Bradley out, he would have got his [WBO welterweight] belt back and now he's back in the position he should have been in. [Pacquiao's] one of the best fighters in the world. He goes out and fights Marquez again? Bob Arum is the dumbest promoter in the history of the world."
    is he wrong to say this? Was Pacman vs Marquez 4 anything more than a money grab by arum? Was the most logical fight outside of Money Mayweather not the bradley fight? When he says Pacman would have Ko'ed Bradley i have to disagree there on account of Pacman IMO lost the bradley fight to begin with and he didnt get robbed as many people said, but this fight with bradley should have been made, and now it cant because Arum wanted to make a little bit of money off Pacman.

And for those who dont believe me when i say imo bradley won that fight listen to the bias that is HBO announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Dana is right. Arum should have made some absolute mismatch for Pacman. Such as Rousey vs Carmouche.

I am not defending Arum though. Both Arum and Dana are liars and they do not give a single fuck about the sport. I hope they drown in their own money.
    Your right dana, the ufc, and ronda should have just waited around for someone to finally take the fight against her(rousey).........................cmon son, its not the UFC fault everyone is ducking Rousey (yes, everyone minus carmouche)

Whats with your hate for rousey? You hate that shes the main event, you hate that she was given her belt (much like cruz and aldo), and you hate that shes fighting Carmouche...?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Your right dana, the ufc, and ronda should have just waited around for someone to finally take the fight against her(rousey).........................cmon son, its not the UFC fault everyone is ducking Rousey (yes, everyone minus carmouche)

Whats with your hate for rousey? You hate that shes the main event, you hate that she was given her belt (much like cruz and aldo), and you hate that shes fighting Carmouche...?
    hahahahahaha Are you serious???????
    Who is ducking Rousey??? Whoo???
    Even Cyborg Santos said that she would make 135, but she just needed a little bit more of time.

Miesha Tate said that she would happily accept a fight with Rousey, but that UFC never called her to offer that fight.

They were in negotiations with Sara MacMann and for some reason the fight was not made.
    Do you have actual facts to say that everybody ducked Rousey, and only carmouche accepted???

I do not hate Rousey at all. I hate her personality, but that is a whole different thing. She is a great fighter (at least in the ground), and it is great that she will be in the UFC.
    She received the UFC belt without 1 single fight within the org (To the people that love to remind that Aldo and Cruz received the same treatment, I also disagreed with that decision), and now she will be in the main event against a girl that has nothing to do there.

I could understand the decision to make her fight in the main event if her opponent was Cyborg Santos, because it would be the biggest WMMA fight of all time and everybody wants to see that fight. However she is fighting Liz Carmouche, this is an absolute mismatch.

My hate is no towards Rousey, I don't like her personality at all, but at least she is a professional athlete and I respect her for that.
    My hate is towards Dana White who constantly disrespects the fighters and fans.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    hahahahahaha Are you serious???????
    Who is ducking Rousey??? Whoo???
    Even Cyborg Santos said that she would make 135, but she just needed a little bit more of time.

Miesha Tate said that she would happily accept a fight with Rousey, but that UFC never called her to offer that fight.

They were in negotiations with Sara MacMann and for some reason the fight was not made.
    Do you have actual facts to say that everybody ducked Rousey, and only carmouche accepted???

I do not hate Rousey at all. I hate her personality, but that is a whole different thing. She is a great fighter (at least in the ground), and it is great that she will be in the UFC.
    She received the UFC belt without 1 single fight within the org (To the people that love to remind that Aldo and Cruz received the same treatment, I also disagreed with that decision), and now she will be in the main event against a girl that has nothing to do there.

I could understand the decision to make her fight in the main event if her opponent was Cyborg Santos, because it would be the biggest WMMA fight of all time and everybody wants to see that fight. However she is fighting Liz Carmouche, this is an absolute mismatch.

My hate is no towards Rousey, I don't like her personality at all, but at least she is a professional athlete and I respect her for that.
    My hate is towards Dana White who constantly disrespects the fighters and fans.
    So because Cyborg said she would finally fight at 135 but it would take "some time" Rousey (who is the champion) must sit out and wait for the challenger that is Cyborg? Makes sense I guess?

Meisha Tate SAID she didn’t get offered the fight so this MUST be true? And Dana is going out of his way to lie to the media and say he offered her the fight, come on dude take your Dana white hate blinders off its starting to
    affect your judgement.

Sara MacMann negotiations fell through, we can guess for days why that happened, but if you are offered a title fight your answer should always be YES. Why would anyone in their right mind turn down a title fight, if they were not in fact ducking the Champion? Everyone says GSP is ducking Hendricks, yet you will sit there and actually argue that these women aren’t ducking Rousey? You don’t actually believe that do you?

The fact that she was given the belt is irrelevant. She is clearly the champion of the 135 division, just like Aldo was (and still is) and just like Cruz was (and still is).

Championship fights are the main event; get over it, even if the challenger is "unworthy" of being there as you put it.

Bradley won the Pacquiao fight ? Lmfao yea right

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Bradley won the Pacquiao fight ? Lmfao yea right
    watch that video i posted, then go back and watch the actual fight with no volume. I bet your opinion will change (or it should).

Thread Information