Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: hermes franca?

1. Default

At least when someone pleads guilty the chances are great they did it, but some times there are other issues and the case is pleaded out before trial due to versus reasons. I've seen many cases were what was pleaded to wasn't really what they got them on, but what they'd accept or didn't want a public trial on it. Not saying any of this applies to this case just what I've seen.

Former No. 1 UFC lightweight contender Hermes Franca deported to Brazil following prison term for sexual abuse
    Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight number one contender, Hermes Franca, was released from prison last month after serving time for sexually abusing an underage girl.

On Tuesday (April 22, 2014), he was released from the United States.

That's according to a report from Oregon Live, which detailed Franca's deportation back to Brazil, after the former mixed martial arts (MMA) superstar plead guilty to "first-degree sexual abuse of a girl under 14 and to second-degree unlawful sexual penetration" in 2012.

Alright...
    So if I can try to find the middle road here... because a lot of good points are being drowned out by people getting a bit too upset and, I THINK, misunderstanding.

For me, when I first heard the news a few years back, and still now... for ME... what comes to my mind, is that situations like this are RARELY cut and dry.
    I think that when the word RAPE is used the image that immediately comes to mind is a straightforward "physically hold her down and rape her" scenario.

But I think the truth is that while that does happen!... the reality is usually more nuanced. Or CAN be more nuanced. Sometimes these scenarios can be an older man taking advantage of a younger girl who has a crush (to which her parents/guardians RIGHTLY intervene and take legal action) or it can be, as Paska K seemed to suggest, be an entrapment situation where a woman is looking to profit somehow (NOT a fan of that happening since it does harm to the VAST majority of LEGITIMATE rape cases/victims!)

But the point is... and I think it's the point some people were trying to make... is that although we know the CHARGES that were laid, we don't know the CIRCUMSTANCES of the situation. And rape charges can arise from a wide variety of situations... from a violent attack... to a misguided inapproriate infatuation that goes too far.

I THINK that's what people were saying.

I don't think anyone was arguing that Hermes is this awesome dude who was framed... or anything like that.

But just that the circumstances... the details... are unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    And you are one little cunt that loves to suck dicks. So shut up and keep sucking.
    hahahahaha.......ah.... *wipes tear*

I re read that, and it's still hilarious.

I used to be a fan of the guy when he was in the UFC but now I kinda hope he rots in hell. Prison and deportation are too good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by subman View Post
    This was an enlightening thread. Man pleads guilty, agrees to prison and be labeled a sex offender, but it just MIGHT be one of those "bitch women" trying to steal his money.

Some seriously misogynistic freaks in this thread.
    The guy who posted that was always angry and critical of other posters all of the time. In retro spect he strikes me as a grumpy old man. Wonder whatever happened to him.

I don't remember what it was about but he neg'd me for something and wrote this long overreating post sent me the longest comment ive ever received on the rep board and continued to send me a long overreacting pm. It reminded me of how angry the guy from billy madison got during the puppy who lost his way...a simple wrong would've done just fine HAHA.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 04-24-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

i wonder if this will follow him to Brazil

IMO 2 years of prison is not enough for sexually abusing a girl.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    IMO 2 years of prison is not enough for sexually abusing a girl.
    an underage girl
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information