Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: hermes franca?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Yeah of course it was dumb because those cases of a girl having sex with a guy and then suing him never happen right?
    It was dumb as particular cases have absolutely nothing to do with this one. It was dumb in that it implied this particular girl was looking for this happen. It was dumb in that you assumed something that wasn't really the case. It was dumb because a child was abused and you made it about something it wasn't.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It was dumb as particular cases have absolutely nothing to do with this one. It was dumb in that it implied this particular girl was looking for this happen. It was dumb in that you assumed something that wasn't really the case. It was dumb because a child was abused and you made it about something it wasn't.
    Oh Dear. I said that it may have been the case, because there are a lot of cases like that. I never made an affirmation that Hermes is inoccent and that girl was a liar or something like that.

    I have already accepted that it is not the case in this situation and I hope Hermes spends a long and painful time in jail
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    This was an enlightening thread. Man pleads guilty, agrees to prison and be labeled a sex offender, but it just MIGHT be one of those "bitch women" trying to steal his money.

    Some seriously misogynistic freaks in this thread.
    "If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it."

    ~ Stephen Colbert

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yes people are falsely convicted it happens the frequency of it happening is not that wide spread. Do we foolishly presume that everyone convicted is not guilty because of a very miniscule percentage is wrongfully convicted?

    If you guys want to really believe or somehow justify that he might be innocent that is up to you I'm gonna go with the obvious though the girl was under 14 and a student where he was teaching he was in the wrong.


    Also why bring up OJ or Casey Anthony unless you are implying they are guilty ? why would I be expected to assume guilt there but not in Franca's case ?
    The point was, just because a Jury/judge says somebody is innocent or guilty, does not mean that they are innocent or guilty of the crime. You seem to have a very.....puritanical view of the legal system.

    Edit: I wasn't aware he pleaded guilty. That being said, what I was mentioning still has merit, but doesn't really apply to this case.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    The point was, just because a Jury/judge says somebody is innocent or guilty, does not mean that they are innocent or guilty of the crime. You seem to have a very.....puritanical view of the legal system.

    Edit: I wasn't aware he pleaded guilty. That being said, what I was mentioning still has merit, but doesn't really apply to this case.
    The point (IMO) was that you FIRST jumped to the "could have been some low life woman" argument, without even caring to check the facts. Your FIRST ASSUMPTION is "bad woman".

    You should take a look in the mirror, and ask yourself why that is...
    "If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it."

    ~ Stephen Colbert

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    The point was, just because a Jury/judge says somebody is innocent or guilty, does not mean that they are innocent or guilty of the crime. You seem to have a very.....puritanical view of the legal system.

    Edit: I wasn't aware he pleaded guilty. That being said, what I was mentioning still has merit, but doesn't really apply to this case.
    I'm aware the legal system has flaws and that they do wrongly convicted but like I said those mistakes are pretty miniscule in comparison to the number of people that are properly convicted.

    I'm personally not inclined to give many offenders the benefit of the doubt after they have been convicted. I mean surely you have an opinion about certain criminals guilt right ? So you give them all a pass an say they are wrongly convicted or only some of them and how exactly do you draw that line ?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subman View Post
    The point (IMO) was that you FIRST jumped to the "could have been some low life woman" argument, without even caring to check the facts. Your FIRST ASSUMPTION is "bad woman".

    You should take a look in the mirror, and ask yourself why that is...
    You are wrong. I never stood up for Hermes, infact, I never even mentioned his case nor did I mention anything about the girls character. I only interjected when Rise stated that if somebody is found guilty by a court of law, then he is guilty. Hence the reason I said that my argument didn't really apply to this case in my edit. I wasn't going by the case, I was going by Pasha's argument with Rise.

    Crawl the fuck back out of my ass

    Rise: Nah, I wasn't implying any of that. I was simply saying that the possibility of them being wrongly convicted should have some weight in the heads of viewers. To verbally lambast somebody because they were convicted doesn't seem right to me; just like simply because they were found innocent doesn't mean they were. I try to not operate in absolutes. However like I said, the guy pled guilty so its not really relevant to this case. Fuck him.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 12-26-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Rise: Nah, I wasn't implying any of that. I was simply saying that the possibility of them being wrongly convicted should have some weight in the heads of viewers. To verbally lambast somebody because they were convicted doesn't seem right to me; just like simply because they were found innocent doesn't mean they were. I try to not operate in absolutes. However like I said, the guy pled guilty so its not really relevant to this case. Fuck him.
    No worries I'm dealing more specifically in this case I knew he pled and I knew the details of it before the thread even started. Then you have people insinuating things so far from the truth that didn't take the time to look it up before speaking and what was said was really far off base.

    I don't think I deal in absolutes I certainly don't hold back my opinion when someone get's off a charge I don't feel they have been truly guilty of and I've seen cases where I've agreed where it seems like someone is wrongly convicted or at least improperly sentenced/charged. We do differ on the front of someone being convicted unless I see a legitimate reason to think there is some guilt there I'm probably not going to hold back my opinion of them especially in a case like this one.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subman View Post
    Some seriously misogynistic freaks in this thread.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Muskoka, ON
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    [QUOTE=CtGreat;994095]You do realize that people are falsely convicted all the time right? So if a court says somebody is guilty, then they are guilty. In that case, Oj and Casey Anthony are undoubtedly innocent right? QUOTE]

    Off topic but must comment:

    Good lord, that Casey Anthony case was just insanity...her lawyer (though I, based off what I read regarding that case, really hate how good he is) deserves so much credit for getting her off...

    As for Franca's case, we may never know all the details and though I try to keep an open mind as much as possible, the guy pled guilty to 2 charges even thought charged with 7...not a good person it sounds like to me and sexual crimes to me are the worst.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

    RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

    classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •