Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dana White defends Cain Velasquez's 'Brown Pride' tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Greedo_Porter View Post
    Do you think Dana would defend someone with a White Pride tattoo across their chest.

Double standards.
    I think Dana already kicked a guy out of the UFC for having white supremacy tattoos. I think he had the number 88 tattooed on himself. It of course wasn't for the tattoo on his stomach saying White Steel, but for the Nazi Heil Hitler number 88 on his shoulder.

And in my personal experiences the Brown Pride tattoo has always been racist. I grew up on the south side of Houston and knew quite a few people with that same tattoo, location and all. And they weren't sporting the tatt just for Mexican pride, as it was/is a known gang tatt. One guy in particular is a member of TS, whom I worked with for several years, some of his/their ideals on taking over the US population and running out all the other races were amusing back then. (Crazy how I'm starting to see it actually happen now.) So I can definitely see why people are always asking about it.

I could honestly care less what someone had tattooed on them. It's the biased responses that I can't stand. If you're going to fire someone for a racist 88, then fire someone for having a well known racist Brown Pride tattoo.

But wait, it wasn't Dana that actually fired the white Nazi guy. It was Budweiser, the sponsor...... Makes me wonder what would happen if Budweiser told Dana that they would pull their sponsorship unless (insert your favorite fighter) won/lost a fight.

2. Default

I find alan belcher's tattoo a lot more offensive then Cain's

EDIT: I cant believe I got into this topic before trolldawg said something stupid and racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvall View Post
    I think Dana already kicked a guy out of the UFC for having white supremacy tattoos. I think he had the number 88 tattooed on himself. It of course wasn't for the tattoo on his stomach saying White Steel, but for the Nazi Heil Hitler number 88 on his shoulder.

And in my personal experiences the Brown Pride tattoo has always been racist. I grew up on the south side of Houston and knew quite a few people with that same tattoo, location and all. And they weren't sporting the tatt just for Mexican pride, as it was/is a known gang tatt. One guy in particular is a member of TS, whom I worked with for several years, some of his/their ideals on taking over the US population and running out all the other races were amusing back then. (Crazy how I'm starting to see it actually happen now.) So I can definitely see why people are always asking about it.

I could honestly care less what someone had tattooed on them. It's the biased responses that I can't stand. If you're going to fire someone for a racist 88, then fire someone for having a well known racist Brown Pride tattoo.

But wait, it wasn't Dana that actually fired the white Nazi guy. It was Budweiser, the sponsor...... Makes me wonder what would happen if Budweiser told Dana that they would pull their sponsorship unless (insert your favorite fighter) won/lost a fight.

88 was for Eric Lindrons (not Heil Hitler) and he was hurt all the time so I understand the UFC booting him.

The gang connection is an ugly truth whether Cain is affiliated or not.

The Surrenos wouldn't generally let someone wear their colors without some sort of repercussions regardless of how much of a badass the guy is. I'm not insinuating anything here, it's just very odd to me considering the Surrenos and Nortenos are HUGE in Salinas, CA. And contrary to popular belief, he threw up the 13 when he KO'ed Nog (not the ASU pitchforks...his thumb was out).

I could care less either way but coming from my background, I'm quite skeptical.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Didn't Gangland film a show out of Arizona (or somewhere out west) about a Mexican gang specifically called BROWN PRIDE? I support being proud of who God , Mother Nature , or 14 billion years of evolution made you but to think Cain grew up in the area he did and NEVER heard of this gang before getting his ink? Thats a bit suspect to me.....
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Really doesn't matter to me, although I find that tattoo stupid. But "White Pride" has way too much negative history and hatred attached to it. No way you can rock that and not expect a reaction.

Lee Greenwood > George Carlin

I be trollin'

Brown is more of a general description. Arab people are brown as well. While it is a double standard, it's one created by history and society. I work in a tattoo shop, I have tattooed plenty of Mexican pride tattoos on guys that were totally cool to be around. They were cool with my whiteness and it wasn't about what race I AM... But they were just "proud" of theirs. I can not say the same for the d-bags that come in wanting white pride or power tattoos. They literally believe that all other races are inferior, and they are pretty on your face about it. I generally have to ask them to leave. So to me that's the difference....

Personally it doesn't bother me much. Maybe he was part of a gang, racist, or drunk and got a stupid tattoo. The only negative I'll say towards the tat is that what ever place it may represent I don't see him to eager to move there.

If he's making a better person of himself then glad for him. He made his way through a higher education and was a top collegiate wrestler. As far as I know he's a good citizen and making his way through life.

Dana says if you don't like Cain's tattoo you're an idiot, yet he censors Dan Hardy's chinese tattoo.

Brown Pride

Thread Information