Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dana White defends Cain Velasquez's 'Brown Pride' tattoo

rob_bills Guest

As others have said if there was a guy who looked like a white Velasquez.. shaved head and all, with a white pride tattoo, do you think he'd be as accepted?

I have talked with my friends many times about this. In my opinion it sends the wrong signals not because of race but because that is the tattoo of one of the worst gangs in america. That gang is actually active here in TN and when his tattoo caught my eye, it immediately made me think of the gang.

And I agree with people saying that it would be a HUGE issue if a white came in with a white pride tattoo.....but I won't get on that rant
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by Lesnar_FTW View Post
    Dana says if you don't like Cain's tattoo you're an idiot, yet he censors Dan Hardy's chinese tattoo.
    What does Dan Hardy's tattoo say?

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    What does Dan Hardy's tattoo say?
    I guess it's a Buddhist prayer or something about keeping focus. Dana White wanted it removed for some reason as he thought it was an anti Chinese government tattoo and he wants to try and get UFC events into China.

Brown Pride

5. Default

Biggest point here is the way Cain carry's himself. He acts like a respectable person in his words and deeds. I don't care for it but thats my right to opinion but I also don't go against him for having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I've considered getting "white pride" tattooed on my chest but in Japanese lettering because that's the trendy thing to do.
    White pride no problem. White power big problem.
    However if you do the White Power tat make sure you pull out the stops and shave your head, get a red pickup truck and lift a lot of weights.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I think shit like this is foolish. Especially coming from an athlete who no doubt needs to have his shirt off constantly.

It is great to be proud of where you come from and support them but when you state Brown Pride it may mean that you are proud of your heritage. But, it also may come off to some people as you believe your race is better than all others and your tattoo serves to elevate your race above all others.

We got us another case of reverse racism and white guilt up in here.

Pride of your colour truly is a divisive concept.

I am on team humanity. I know where I came from. I don't need to tell every person around me where I am from for my own piece of mind.

Despite my thinking this when I analyze it. I don't really give two shits about what kind of shitty tattoo people have.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 12-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

perfectly acceptable... If it was "White Pride" or "White Power"... then it would be an issue

People should be proud of what they are... its only a problem when they put others down for being who they are...

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    perfectly acceptable... If it was "White Pride" or "White Power"... then it would be an issue

People should be proud of what they are... its only a problem when they put others down for being who they are...
    Proudness often goes hand in hand with a large ego which often leads to foolish thoughts, views and behaviour to defend thyself from any and all criticism.

I could not give two shits whether I was born red, blue, yellow or orange. It still would not make me run around like a fool with a flag. Nationalism is and has always been silly to me. I might think otherwise if I accepted the cultural brainwashing.

Last edited by Sniggles; 12-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.

10. Default

I love Lesnar_FTW's sig.

Cain wants to look like a gangbanger, that's fine. He can consider that beatdown he got by Dos Santos his gang initiation

------------------

Thread Information