Morning Report: Dana White says Eddie Alvarez situation with Bellator is 'going to get ugly' - MMA Fighting

"Umm, yeah, I just don't know if I can talk about it," White hesitantly answered yesterday when asked about his attempts to sign the former Bellator lightweight champ.

After a comment from the scrum concluding that the situation must be fine because White would be able to speak if Bellator had re-signed Alvarez, the UFC President carefully responded, "No, that's not what's going on. It's... yeah," trailing off before picking back up. "It's going to get ugly."

That cryptic response was about as far as White was willing to go. Pressed once again on what he meant, White simply threw the question back, "What do you think it is? What do you think I'm talking about?

"If I could talk about it, I would. I think it's going to get ugly."

Earlier this month Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney claimed his promotion, bolstered by support from Viacom, had the capability of matching Alvarez's recent UFC offer. If his words are true, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see Alvarez back in the Bellator cage in 2013. Though White's uncharacteristically subdued response likely signifies that this story is far from over.