Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Betrayed' Cain Velasquez tries to explain UFC on FOX knee injury video

Jesus Fuck man! I believe the point of the story is that he's a stand up guy who fights whether injured or not. When fighting injured he doesn't make excuses and actually tried to hide the fact.

For what it's worth I've fought with a bad knee. Had three surgeries between the two. It affects your ability to plant, pivot, move laterally, even duck, bob and weave. You feel pain and weakness and it restricts normal movement. Doesn't mean he lost because of it, but depending on severity everything in the stand up would be off including timing.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    You're either the dumbest person who's ever lived, or really bad at sarcasm.

For a guy who's apparently turning pro, you're pretty ignorant of athletic issues it seems.
    Why do you struggle so much with sarcasm? Even if he was being sardonic you know he is a boxer. No boxer would ever tell you they don't need their knees...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Somebody should tell Cain that the injury story adds intrigue to this fight. People who are put off by seeing the same fight again might be more interested if they find out the guy who lost had a significant injury last time.

4. Default

I see both sides. I'd say a bum knee would restrict movement to land and avoid strikes. Other side it only went 64Sec if the knee couldnt last that long[ didn't rewatch for any leg kicks to it] Cain should of pulled out.

Cain didn't use it for a excuss than and shows he don't want it for a excuss now. As Maz says "Lets get it on" and see if there's any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    If only more people read these forums and got the wisdom that spews from some of the members mouth... They would realize that a knee injury has no impact on a fight and is just brought up as an excuse...

All fighters fight with problems... 1 injury=any other injury..

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    That is fucking ridiculous.

A knee injury affects footwork and makes an individual an easier target. It will not change the outcome of every fight but it will change a fighter's mentality coming into the fight which is huge.
    Dafuq?
    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    You're either the dumbest person who's ever lived, or really bad at sarcasm.

For a guy who's apparently turning pro, you're pretty ignorant of athletic issues it seems.
    Dafuq?
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Why do you struggle so much with sarcasm? Even if he was being sardonic you know he is a boxer. No boxer would ever tell you they don't need their knees...
    Rampage, I have no idea what you did to make people take you so seriously here/flame you. Its as though sarcasm doesn't exist to people when you use it to make a point.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 12-29-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

6. Default

I think the saying is "two knee injuries make a right"
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I think the saying is "two knee injuries make a right"
    Tonya Harding said a lot of things

Thread Information