Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Betrayed' Cain Velasquez tries to explain UFC on FOX knee injury video

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    If only more people read these forums and got the wisdom that spews from some of the members mouth... They would realize that a knee injury has no impact on a fight and is just brought up as an excuse...

All fighters fight with problems... 1 injury=any other injury...
    Have you ever torn your ACL? Because i have, and just walking on it was difficult without having my knee pop out of place, i couldnt even begin to think what it would be like to fight with a torn ACL.

By your logic, a torn acl is equal to a broken finger?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Let's not forget that JDS wasn't 100% going into that FOX fight either.

New UFC champ Junior Dos Santos fought with torn meniscus at UFC on FOX | News
    Torn meniscus isnt even in the same ballpark as a torn ACL.

Let's not forget that JDS wasn't 100% going into that FOX fight either.

New UFC champ Junior Dos Santos fought with torn meniscus at UFC on FOX | News
    I do indeed remember that.

I am more of an agnostic in this situation, rather than choosing between sides, I will say that the previous fight no longer matters. We do not know who was more injured or who was the furthest from their potential at that particular point in time.

Come Saturday when we find out who is the UFC Heavyweight champion in the present rather than the past. Who won the Battle of the One-Legged Men will be irrelevant and redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I do indeed remember that.

I am more of an agnostic in this situation, rather than choosing between sides, I will say that the previous fight no longer matters. We do not know who was more injured or who was the furthest from their potential at that particular point in time.

Come Saturday when we find out who is the UFC Heavyweight champion in the present rather than the past. Who won the Battle of the One-Legged Men will be irrelevant and redundant.
    Absolutely. I just think that it should be of note that the striker was going into that fight against the grappler with a bum knee too. For all the entangibles that may have been taken away from Cain, JDS wasn't his total self either.

We shall see tomorrow night.

1 injury=any other injury...
    Reductionist numbskullery

5. 12-29-2012, 12:58 AM

Absolutely. I just think that it should be of note that the striker was going into that fight against the grappler with a bum knee too. For all the entangibles that may have been taken away from Cain, JDS wasn't his total self either.

We shall see tomorrow night.
    I am more partial to JDS winning because the matchup with Overeem would be inevitable. A matchup which I have been anticipating for ages.

To me it looks like UFC wants so much Cain to win this fight.

They are hyping him so much, IMO they are not giving Cigano enough credit at all.
    They act like "That fight did not counted. It was just an accident because Cain was injured, but NOOOW you will all see the real Cain velasquez".
    They forget that Cigano was injured aswell. Cigano knocked out Cain velasquez in just 1 minute, and they are acting like it happened only because Cain was injured, and not because Cigano is really that good.

I hope JDS knocks him out again, not because I dislike Cain, but because JDS does not get the credit he deserves.

Yesterday at the press cobference an idiot asked Cain if he was upset because JDS was holding his belt. WTF is that question????
    Fortunately Cigano quickly said "This is not his belt, this is MY belt!"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

If only more people read these forums and got the wisdom that spews from some of the members mouth... They would realize that a knee injury has no impact on a fight and is just brought up as an excuse...

All fighters fight with problems... 1 injury=any other injury...
    ^^^ sarcasm ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Have you ever torn your ACL? Because i have, and just walking on it was difficult without having my knee pop out of place, i couldnt even begin to think what it would be like to fight with a torn ACL.

By your logic, a torn acl is equal to a broken finger?

Torn meniscus isnt even in the same ballpark as a torn ACL.
    Just curious, but has anyone even said it was a torn ACL?

Man, this is the second or third time this week we've had a sarcasm fail with Rampage and the forum.

Edit: I'm defending Rampage's comment, not attacking him (although I don't actually get the joke therein)

I see what folks are saying about the knee being a very serious injury and one that impacts a huge part of Cain's game - his takedowns, his movement, even his power in throwing hands. But I'm agreed with FG that he wasn't going to win regardless. I think JDS is a horrible stylistic matchup for him. I hope I'm wrong and that tomorrow is an amazing fight, but I'm betting it'll be short.

If Cain's knee was directly attached to his head, I think he'd sell out a carnival freak show.
    Fixed

Thread Information