Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier Signs Multi Fight Deal with The UFC

Default Daniel Cormier Signs Multi Fight Deal with The UFC

Strikeforce heavyweight-grand-prix champion Daniel confirmed that he has signed a deal with the UFC, but that it is a “shorter contract” than usual. Cormier was slated to take on Mir at a scheduled Strikeforce event this past November, but Mir suffered a training injury and pulled out of the bout. Now, “DC” will be taking on heavyweight Dion Staring at the final Strikeforce event next month. ”DC” reiterated hopes for a match with ex-UFC champion Frank Mir upon entering the promotion. He previously spoke with BJPENN.com stating

“I would stay at heavyweight, I want to fight Frank. I think Mir and I have some unfinished business, I put in a six week training camp for Mir before he pulled out a month before the fight. All the things I learned in that camp and I worked on I want to be able to use on him inside of the cage.”
    Daniel Cormier Signs Multi Fight Deal with The UFC | UFC News MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

We'll see how long he will be at heavyweight for. If Cain pulls out the win this weekend i could see that changing very quickly

I see nothing but great things in Cormier's future.

Yeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!

I really like Cormier. God I hope we don't have some big upset with this next fight. If JDS wins then it will be fun to see Cormier challenge some day at heavy. If Cain wins it will be fun to see him drop to challenge. Can't wait to see him in the UFC.

So far he has shown that he is very very dangerous.
    Awesome wrestling with vicious KO power.

He will definitely beat Mir
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Very glad to hear this. I'd love to see him face Carwin and Nelson.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Super happy to see him in the UFC officially. If he wins against Mir, I think he's one away from a title shot. Very excited to see him in the octagon!

Shocking news... We'll have to wait and see if he gets past Dion Staring

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I wish him all the best, but regardless of the Cain/JDS result, I wonder if he would still take a hard look at 205 as he's spoken of recently, he and Jones would be insane IMO....

That said, Cormier impressed the everloving shit out of me against Barnett and find it a pleasure to watch him fight, so I won't discount him against JDS, but for my money, JDS is just a fucking terminator and think he guzzles everyone.

Cormier would make bones look silly. He should drop to lhw and challenge, would be awesome

Thread Information