Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White: Goldberg 'taking time off,' anik steps into booth at ufc 155

I wonder how awkward it will be. I think Rogan will be able to make it less awkward than a Florian/Anik broadcast is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Too bad Miletich has so much heat with ZUFFA, he's my favourite. Quadros is also a helluva commentator and I don't believe he has heat with ZUFFA....

My problem with guys like Mauro and Schiavello is that they infuse too much pro wrestling/kayfabe-ness to their announcing and often max out the audio(not that Goldy and Rogan don't).... Anik will play a good straight-man off of Rogan
    This is indeed why Florian/Anik irks me so much. They are both straightmen. There is no color. Makes my eyes roll to the back of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Anybody know whats up with Goldy?
    Evil Goldberg goatee

"His precision is really precise" Just priceless!!!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Best.
    Goldy.
    Ever.

dimerules28 Guest

Red face

Finally I don't have to get the Spanish commentary... No Goldberg?? FUCK YEAH!! I hope he's alright but he sucks at his job there's no doubt about that... And fuck off to anyone that gonna try and convince me that someone who has been covering mma for over a decade and still sounds like a complete and total moron when talking about the actual intrecacies of the sport... And yeah he might be just trying to set rogan up to say something clever sometimes but that's no reason to be absolutely retarded. I've seen interviews with Goldie where he talked like a normal human being yet as soon as he starts announcing for the ufc he turns into a fucking drone... And goddamn it's gonna be amazing not to hear that pathetic ass "it's all over!"he has ruined more fucking endings to a fight then anyone... Sometimes the emotion of the finish is enough... You don't gotta add your shirty ass tag line everytime... This might be the only event he misses for a while so I gotta relish this shit.
    Last edited by dimerules28; 12-29-2012 at 02:55 AM.

anik?

i'd much prefer bas rutten or mauro ranallo or pat miletich or michael schaivello or brian stann or kenny florian or mike goldberg

everyone but gus johnson i think.

i hope rogan just fucks with him.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

If Goldy leaves then we might get Bas full time but I am interested in how Anik and Rogan go together

rob_bills Guest

edit: cant remember how to embed video on her, help?

This is my favourite,which also happens to be very recent hahahaha. I love Goldie man, he's just a calamity.
    Last edited by rob_bills; 12-29-2012 at 03:27 AM.

To those of you saying Ranallo...no, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee no, I would listen happily to anyone but him or Gus Johnson.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Not looking forward to having more of Anik. Goldberg grew on me, he gets a lot wrong but he's just become part of the show.

I agree with the folks wishing Miletich could work with the UFC - he's one of my top favorites. Not that it's an option, but I really like Smith from Bellator too.

I like Rutten, but him and Rogan calling a fight together would get absolutely ridiculous; it would just be too much.

Thread Information