Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tim Boetsch will eventually get a UFC title shot after he runs out of people to ‘beat

1. Default Tim Boetsch will eventually get a UFC title shot after he runs out of people to ‘beat

Tim Boetsch will eventually get a UFC title shot after he runs out of people to

Michael Bisping, Chris Weidman, Vitor Belfort and Hector Lombard.

When talking about potential challengers for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight champion Anderson Silva's throne, those are among the notable names mixed martial arts (MMA) fans have top-of-mind.

However, Tim Boetsch is another man who has quietly been making a case for his shot at the promotion's 185-pound title by racking up four straight wins, including back-to-back victories over top ranked opponents in Yushin Okami and the aforementioned Lombard.

Boetsch is sometimes the forgotten man in the middleweight class for the simple fact that he doesn't do a whole lot of talking to promote himself. Unlike some of his peers, it's just not his style. The hardworking "Barbarian" prefers to let his actions inside the Octagon do the promoting for him and says the UFC will eventually have no other choice but to give him a shot because he will eventually run out of people to beat up.

His words (via MMA Weekly):

"For me that gets frustrating. Just because I'm one of those guys who isn't very vocal about calling people out and saying I deserve such and such an opponent. Michael (Bisping)‘s very good at that and he's made a career out of it, there are talks of him getting a title shot maybe before even I do, so he's done a good job of promoting himself and that's one way of doing it. I think the better way to do it, or the way I prefer to do it, is to step in the cage and beat people up, and eventually they're going to have to give me a title shot because I'm going to run out of people to beat up. That's how I plan on doing it."
    Boetsch is determined to let his fighting do the talking for him, even if it means other might get a title shot before him based on their outstanding self-promoting skills.

Originally slated to take on undefeated (9-0) Chris Weidman a UFC 155 on Dec. 29, 2012, in Las Vegas, Nevada, Boetsch will now face Constantinos Philippou in "Sin City" as he looks to make it five straight inside the Octagon.

As Belfort and Bisping prepare to swing leather on Jan. 19, 2013, at UFC on FX 7 in a potential number one contender eliminator match (for Bisping at least), "The Barbarian" will continue to "beat up' as many people as needed in order to make his case for a title shot.

Eventually, the UFC has to take notice ... right?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Weidman is the one that should be fighting for the belt. In the mean time the Spider decides to take a break while all the top contenders kill each other till there's no one left. MW division is going to suck for a while. Anderson should defend the belt before July 2013 if we want to avoid this.

What is Tim frustrated with? 4 wins in a row and he thinks he is the number 1 contender? How long has he been frustrated? After the 3rd win in a row? 4th? Was it that horrible display he put on with Lombard or the ever more horrible display in which he was losing against Okami. Okami, who got a shot against Anderson and was made to look like a defenseless child? Tim, Anderson would embarrass you, you are not a worthy contender.

I hate hearing these MW's crying about title shots that they have absolutely no chances of winning to begin with. I wish they would just end the MW division all together.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    I hate hearing these MW's crying about title shots that they have absolutely no chances of winning to begin with. I wish they would just end the MW division all together.
    Because that makes complete sense. #sarcasm
    Last edited by Sniggles; 12-28-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    And last time I checked, he beat both Lombard and Okami.
    Looking horrible against both of them.

He won a decision against 2 guys that are not Top 15. He looked horrible against Okami for 2 rounds, and the judges gave him a gift by giving him the win against Lombard. Now he is upset because Bisping may receive a title shot and not him??

I hope Philippou beats him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Yeah, he'd get knocked out quite easily by Anderson. I don't think Wiedman would do well either (a little ignorant on my part as I haven't seen many of his fights). Just not excited about any of Silva's challengers at MW, so I will keep campaigning for him to fight Jon Jones. Damn, best fighter in the world, and the only 3 defenses that I was intrigued by were Sonnen, Henderson, and Belfort. Wish this guy had some better competition. Wish this guy had more guts and drive to go up to LHW and get the better competition!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So Tim looked "horrible" for two rounds yet knocked Okami the fuck out and it makes him look bad?
    Let me write it once again for you. Slowly this time.

He-looked-horrible-against-Okami-for-2-rounds.
    In case you missed it again, here is one more time. FOR 2 ROUNDS!!!
    FOR TWO ROUNDS!

The KO happened it the 3rd round. Before the KO, he was looking terrible.
    There are plenty of cases where a fighter wins a fight, but his performance is anything but impressive.
    In your opinion Mike Russow looked good against Duffee?? Oh wait, but he won by KO!!!!! :O

Yet Chanel dominated Anderson for much longer, and Anderson got the finish but its okay?
    Who has ever said that Anderson looked awesome in that fight?
    Everybody knows that Chael absolutely dominated Silva for 4 rounds. No one is saying other thing.

And while trying not to speak for him, he's upset not being in the title contention talk, not getting the actual title shot.
    When he beats a Top 10 guy in a somewhat impressive way, then there are going to be talks about him getting a title shot.
    Chris Weidman for example. He does not talk any kind of shit. But he defeated 2 Top 10 guys (Maia and Munoz) in an impressive way. That is why a lot of people think that he should be the next contender for Anderson Silva.
    Tim Boetsch got unlucky because instead of fighting Weidman, he will be fighting Costa Philippou, who is not in the Top 10. But if he wins this fight in an impressive way, and then he beats a top 10 guy looking good, then it is almost a guarantee that he will be getting a title shot.

But he looks extremely bad against Okami FOR TWO ROUNDS!! (In a 3 round fight), then he has an horrible fight with Lombard (yet the judges give him the win) and he is surprised that no one is considering him championship material?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Okami wasn't top 15?
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information