Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silva close to signing, wants Bisping, Jones, and GSP fights

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    MW division has been garbage for a while. How can someone be #1 p4p that beats up cans.

Anderson has this thing called eyesight. He watched Forrest's fights and knew it would be an easy win. Anderson does not want challenges.
    Dear god. When I forget about you you just pop right back up with some half baked troll shit. Now where is this block button.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Dear god. When I forget about you you just pop right back up with some half baked troll shit. Now where is this block button.
    You know, I've been thinking that too recently.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Leites and Maia were circumstantial opponents because Anderson dodged rematches with Quartz and Hendo.

Why?

Well, the why is what we bicker about.
    This is revisionist history. Leites got his shot after beating Marquardt, bullshit result or not. Maia got his shot due to injuries when Sonnen was the no. 1 contender, after Chael beat Nate.

Nate never earned a rematch, when Hendo earned his he split to Strikeforce.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    You know, I've been thinking that too recently.
    He is more of a hater than a troll.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I want to fight Anderson Silva, and I'm sure he would want to fight me. Make it happen Dana! Rankings mean nothing!
    Anderson and team clearly go after big money fights... Not necessarily easy fights... GSP, Jones, and Bisping are far from easy fights.... all 3 of those guys easily beat Weidman imo...

But yes, Anderson would want to fight you?

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    MW division has been garbage for a while. How can someone be #1 p4p that beats up cans.

Anderson has this thing called eyesight. He watched Forrest's fights and knew it would be an easy win. Anderson does not want challenges.
    Who is this guy? Is this for real?

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Anderson is avoiding Weidman... Soares paid off some of Weidman's teamates to set up the "accidents" that led to his injurys... That is why Chris was not available for the Brazil card, as well as for the Boetch fight.

Dana doesnt like to speak his mind... He isnt a proud guy that has to feed his ego... Anderson has been calling the shots and ducking fights left and right... Dana just doesnt want to say anything about it... He even bought Anderson a Bentley and gave him a 10 fight contract because we all know that Dana is a man of peace and doesnt stand up to fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    This is revisionist history. Leites got his shot after beating Marquardt, bullshit result or not. Maia got his shot due to injuries when Sonnen was the no. 1 contender, after Chael beat Nate.

Nate never earned a rematch, when Hendo earned his he split to Strikeforce.
    Yep... Maia had lost to Nate... but Nate lost to Sonnen, and Maia beat Sonnen.... Anderson fought Maia, then later fought Sonnen... I love how much the fans buy this "Anderson ducking Chael for 6 years BS" like Anderson even gave 2 shits about him, and its not like he is even in control of the fights...

The Leites/Nate fight was BS... But Nate is not completely with no blame... It was an odd call, but he still did wrong. Anderson trained with Leites in the past, and actually afterwords and said he didnt want to fight him... but yes im sure he handpicked that fight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I'm a huge Silva fan, but my beef here is not that anyone's waiting for a legit contender, but that:

1. Silva is actively involved in the process. That always bugs me. It bugs me when employees at my work try and pick their jobs while simultaneously moving up the ladder, it bugs me when champions do it. There's a clear definition of the job and this isn't part of it.

2. More importantly: There's no active criteria for defining the legit contenders. If DW made it clear, contenders were given a chance and knew the rules, then fine. It's a little wonky, but at least it's fair and at least it clearly defines what the belt is or isn't. And it stops this crap where we all sit around waiting for someone to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are a contender. That's just too high a bar and one that isn't used in other divisions with other champions.
    Anderson doesnt make the fights peroid....

Has he been offered a fight with Weidman?

People are assuming a lot... based upon what little he says... His personal preference doesnt and shouldnt matter...

How many times have we heard Anderson say in his horrible english.... that he doesnt want to fight Vitor, Maia, Sonnen, etc... and he still fights them...because the UFC makes him... They are in charge... quit getting it twisted... Anderson likes the idea of fighting Bisping, probably because of him being of a more known stature than other MW's... but that doesnt matter at all...

Dana has said several times that Bisping/Silva interests him.... If it was the other way around... Anderson wanted to fight Weidman, and Dana still wanted him to fight Bisping... The Bisping fight gets made...

As Dana says "Im the Boss"

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb View Post
    You see fighting Bones as a cherrypicked bout? Isn't Bones a far more distinguished and seemingly more difficult opponent than Weidman?
    I dont know how they came up with Cherry picked in the first place...

But come on now... There is no way Jon Jones is a tougher fight than Weidman... that is crazy talk
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 01-02-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Thread Information