Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick Newell Refutes Dana White’s Claim About Joining The UFC

Man I'd just hate to feel that cold wet creepy nub arm touch me....I'm sure some his opponents had to overcome a freakout factor in their fights....maybe most if not all could not. IDK it would make one hell of a story and if he can hang with a seasoned UFC LW, then why the hell not? If the kid keeps winning and making noise, Dana will offer a contract. He should try to get some fights in bigger markets. If he can get licensed in Nevada and Cali, then I think he will get offered a contract.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I watched this kid fight live in my hometown and he surprised the crap out of me. He knows how to work with what he's got and defend the kicks as well. Not to mention that he has a ton of heart and is hard to finish. I saw him carry a guy around on his back for almost a full round while defending a rear naked choke with 1 arm. He really is as good as he says.

But with that being said, the UFC is a totally different ball game than the XFC. I can see him getting some wins though....just not making it to the top tier.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Man I'd just hate to feel that cold wet creepy nub arm touch me....
    I would get over it pretty quickly after he punched me in the face.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

This could really help boost the positive image (as well as an anti bullying image) that the UFC is trying to build with the general public. At the same time, it could be completely rejected as a spectacle fight, and a gross negligence by the owners of ZUFFA for allowing a handicapped man to get beaten down in a cage for some cash.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    This could really help boost the positive image (as well as an anti bullying image) that the UFC is trying to build with the general public. At the same time, it could be completely rejected as a spectacle fight, and a gross negligence by the owners of ZUFFA for allowing a handicapped man to get beaten down in a cage for some cash.
    He is not handicapped when it comes to fighting. Watch him use that nub when he goes for a straight leg lock. Watch him get an RNC and have the other guy try to grab the missing hand. He is good enough to get a fight in the ufc, IMO.

Thread Information