Thread: Derek Brunson: I did the best I could on 8 days notice

1. Default Derek Brunson: I did the best I could on 8 days notice

Brunson: I did the best I could on 8 days notice | MMA Mental

Derek Brunson has rewatched his fight. He knows it wasn't his best performance but he feels he did the best he could with the notice he was given.

Winning on his UFC debut against a UFC veteran will quite possibly lead to bigger things.

Brunson posted the following message to all of his fans:

Watched my fight against Leben 4 the 1st time.Wasn't my best.But I did all I could on 8 days notice.But I did keep my hands up #GettingBetter
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Eh, ill give him a pass this time. I actually put most of the blame on Leben for the fight being so shitty.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Eh, ill give him a pass this time. I actually put most of the blame on Leben for the fight being so shitty.
    Despite that you are absolutely right, you are going to receive some hate for that comment.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Despite that you are absolutely right, you are going to receive some hate for that comment.
    "You agree with me so you are right."

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    "You agree with me so you are right."
    I must say "You agree with me so you are wrong"?

And indeed he is right, Leben did a terrible fight.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I think Ct's comment is on point too. Leben came in with little TDD, little cardio, and a very limited attack. I'm a fan of his, but he looked out of his element. Hope it's just ring rust.

As far as Brunson, I really respect him just acknowledging that he's trying to get better at all dimensions of the game and move on.

he had no intention of standing with leben which was a smart, successfu,l and utterly boring strategy. i thought he looked significantly bigger than leben and coupled with leben's ring rust it just made for an ugly fight reminded me of when amir lost to that guy jorge lopez

Leben did have horrible tdd, cardio, and rust but Brunson was just blanketing him. He didn't really gnp or nothing, just hug and lay over Leben. He could of at least tried subbing Leben with how gassed he was.

That's my boy. Sometimes he looks like a granite jawed brick fisted killer, other times he looks like a lethargic robot with only one setting that falls over in a breeze.

That fight sucked. Chris looked like dogshit. Plain and simple.

He's still my favorite fighter though.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information