Thread: Dana White: Michael Bisping will get middleweight title title shot with win over Vito

Default Dana White: Michael Bisping will get middleweight title title shot with win over Vito

Dana White: Michael Bisping will get middleweight title title shot with win over Vitor Belfort - Bloody Elbow

Dana White: Michael Bisping will get middleweight title title shot with win over Vitor Belfort

According to UFC president Dana White, the stakes for the UFC on FX 7 main event bout between Michael Bisping and Vitor Belfort just went way up. Up for Bisping, anyway. White said that the British fighter will finally get his shot at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva win a win on January 19th in Brazil:

If Bisping wins, he’ll get the shot.
    Bisping (23-4) has been one fight away from a title shot a couple of times now, but has lost the contender's bout every time. He has won four out of his last five fights overall though, and the landscape of the middleweight division definitely moved in his favor at UFC 155. Two men that have called out Bisping in the past, Tim Boetsch and Alan Belcher, both were defeated at the event. The only other real contender for a title shot right now is Chris Weidman, but he's out for a while with an injury.

So Bisping will hold his future in his own hands on January 19th.
    Great, so we're going to continue to overlook Weidman. God forbit we give someone who deserves the shot a chance. Oh well, he's not getting past Vitor.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

YAY!

Did I just see tumbleweed?
    Last edited by Dan; 12-30-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

4. Default

Another unsuprising announcement from the Ultimate Popularity Contest.

well it'll be the first time rooting for silva in a very long time. i'll definitely look forward to that ass whipping
    Machida | Shogun | Henderson | Franklin | W. Silva| Fedor | Condit | Cote | Mousasi | Huerta | Pettis| Cro Cop | Lister | Maia | T. Griffin | Carwin | Dos Santos | F. Griffin | Irvin | Nog Brothers | Lytle | Saunders | Guida | T. Silva | Alves | Sonnen | Miller Brothers | Barboza | Stout | Aldo | Hamill| B. Henderson

I have no problem if Bisping gets the shot with a win over Vitor.
    With Belcher, Boetch losing, and Weidman out indefinitely, I think a win over a top 10 guy in Vitor should earn Bisping a shot.

There are guys who have done A LOT less to earn a shot but Bisping has put in the work. His loss to Sonnen was very close, one where a lot of people would argue he won the fight. I say give him the title with this win.

ps...I think Vitor finds his head and ends Bisping's, Silva's, and UFC's campaign for his title shot.

Well what else makes more sense right now? I don't see the big deal.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information