Thread: Dana White expects Nick Diaz to show up for UFC 158 press conferences

Default Dana White expects Nick Diaz to show up for UFC 158 press conferences

Dana White expects Nick Diaz to show up for UFC 158 press conferences - MMA Fighting

LAS VEGAS -- The UFC will soon hold a press conference to help kick off ticket sales for the big Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz welterweight title fight at UFC 158 in March.

But while the mercurial Diaz has been known to flake on these sort of events, Dana White says he'd be astounded if the challenger didn't show up for the presser.

"I would find it very hard to believe that he wouldn't," White said. "You know, after what happened last time, he's been sitting out for so long. This is a fight that he wanted, he really wanted this fight bad, and Georges St-Pierre called him out. He's getting it, so yes, I expected Diaz to do it."

White yanked Diaz out of a planned title match against St-Pierre in Oct. 2011 when Diaz blew off a pair of press conferences. But White says that while Diaz isn't a fan of making media rounds, it's a part of a UFC fighter's job.

"Listen, the thing about Nick Diaz, Nick Diaz shows up for fights," White said. "Nick Diaz shows up and fights his ass off. He's not a big fan of the pre-fight promotion, but you have to do it. You have to do it. Whether you're Nick Diaz or Anderson Silva, Whoever you are, it's in your contract. You actually can be cut. We can cut you for that."

Of course, White hasn't yet had the chance to send Diaz this message personally.

"Nick Diaz hasn't returned my calls, my texts, nothing," White said. "It's Nick Diaz. You don't have to call me, you don't have to text me, but you do have to show up for the press conferences. I'd be blown away if he didn't do it."
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

This should be a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    This should be a given.
    Agreed it should be, but Nick Diaz isn't exactly the most reliable person on the roster. I'd like to think that he's learned his lesson but I won't be in the least bit surprised if he hasn't.

Honestly, if he does skip the press conferences I would find that absolutely hilarious. The rightful number one contender would actually get brought up from the co-main event and if there is any justice Diaz would be canned and go fight in Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Downsy Diaz learned his lesson.

Hopefully Diaz will have realised that if he spends less time complaining about how little money he makes and spends more time trying to earn some, then he'll have absolutely no reason to moan in the first place.

If he doesn't turn up this time, I would have no problem if Diaz were to get cut. Don't get me wrong, I love to see him fight, but if he disrespects the UFC, GSP , and most importantly the fans one more time, then he should move over and let somebody who really wants it have a shot at the title.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Sadly, I agree.

I'm not opposed to Diaz getting this fight - I'm stoked to see it (even though Hendricks is getting screwed out of his shot). What blows my mind is that he's getting the shot after failing to show up to two pressers, losing a fight, failing a drug test and then being suspended.

I want to see GSP vs. Hendricks and GSP vs. Diaz, the order of those fights doesn't really matter to me. However, still a bit shocking.

Didn't he expect him to show up all the times before when he didn't?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

I like Diaz but if he doesn't go to the press conferences, send his ass packing to bellator.

9. Default

The fact that this is even being discussed is what makes this completely sad.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information