+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Following UFC 151, Daniel Cormier discusses making the move to 205

1. Default Following UFC 151, Daniel Cormier discusses making the move to 205

Hugs all around: UFC 155's Cain Velasquez wins back heavyweight title, Daniel Cormier plans to lose 35 pounds - MMAmania.com

Cormier -- who has one fight remaining on his current deal with Strikeforce (Dion Staring on Jan. 12, 2013) and has already inked a new one with UFC -- backed up his boy immediately, saying that he is more than willing to do what most MMA fans -- and even White -- have encouraged him to do before this pickle even blossomed.

Start a diet.

"We spar three days a week -- we work hard," countered Cormier." Cain Velasquez is going to force me to do something I have not wanted to do for awhile, which is cut weight. But, they got a lot of guys for me there to fight. I'm just happy my man right here is the champion."
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Glad that DC will have to cut. I think he is a legit threat to anyone. Can't wait to see him at 205.

If Cormier can make the cut correctly (and I have no doubts that he will) he's going to be a beast at 205. He's been impressive at heavyweight but I think once he's lost the weight and settled down into it at 205, he'll be a handfull for anyone, and with wrestling credentials like his I see him getting a title shot sooner rather than later.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

DC will definitely get a title shot against Jones before the end of next year. I'd love to see him go on a run and get a title shot by this time next year. Of course anything could happen and Jone's could lose before then.....

Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

The lhw division has been warned. This dude is gonna be a problem for just about everybody he comes across. I still cant believe how bad he made Barnett look.

The move to 205 will not only cost some weight loss, but also the lost of some of the intangibles that contributed to his success as a heavyweight. He will not only change physically but mentally. Most likely he will not find the same level of success.

he should come in light for his last hw fight start making that life change now.

8. 12-31-2012, 07:35 PM

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information