Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JDS vs Cain

Default JDS vs Cain

You just kept going on about how JDS got destroyed.

Sakara,

Let me ask you this: When was the last time you saw two UFC Heavyweights go at it like that for 5 rounds?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm just going off of memory on the spot here for standout 5 round heavyweight fights. Randy Couture wiping the floor with Timmah. And I remember the absolute lackluster, total crap, we don't want to get hurt, fight between AA and Timmah. A fight so bad that it is compared to the WWE event between Brock Lesnar and Bill Goldberg.

I said before that in this fight I WANTED Cain to win........which he did with flying colors; because I wanted the score to be evened out. But how are you defining destroyed here? JDS took the man out in a minute in one fight. I find that to be total destruction. Cain beat JDS for 25 minutes......I find that to be more impressive for JDS than Cain; it showed just how goddamn much damage the SOB can take and just keep going.

JDS was getting flogged like Jesus Christ himself, and he just kept going. Cain beat the piss out of that man, but it still took 5 rounds. Cain deserves everything and all the credit on what he did, but please don't bash JDS on that loss; that loss showed one mean motherfucker. We rarely get to see that kind of fight between guys that big and that powerful. Appreciate it; don't bash either of them.

2. Default

And this needed its own thread? If you want to have some weird one way conversation then at least PM me.

And oh yeah, JDS was destroyed.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I was amazed those two huge men were able to rock out a 5 round fight... Good on both of em.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

4. Default

IMO to add 1 thing getting beat in a minute if it was just caught with a punch doesn't show enough of their skills. Yes JDS was the clear winner, but winning for 25min shows more if it's not LNP.

At least with this outcome we will get to see it again in the future, and that should put the stamp on it of Badest man on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    IMO to add 1 thing getting beat in a minute if it was just caught with a punch doesn't show enough of their skills. Yes JDS was the clear winner, but winning for 25min shows more if it's not LNP.

At least with this outcome we will get to see it again in the future, and that should put the stamp on it of Badest man on the planet.
    I tend to disagree with this. The fight was pretty much over after the big combination in the first round. The difference is Junior finished when he had the chance (in the first fight) where as Cain did not. To me this shows two things, Junior is tough and Cain might lack finishing power. I feel like if he would of just stepped back and thrown that he could have finished the fight but anytime he landed something he would close the distance and grapple in stead.

To me this fight never proved anything more than the first fight proved.

Was a fun fight can't wait for #3 down the road!!

rob_bills Guest

Until JDS got rocked/gassed he made Cain look desperate for the TD in my opinion. JDS looked real fuckin good with his TDD, I mean he pretty much stuffed everything while he still had a gas tank.

Even when he was beat up and tired he still managed to get right back up. In defeat I am still impressed with JDS, he's a brazilian dude who hung well with a NCAA wrestler, even when he was fucked up.

Cant wait for a rematch

8. Default

After the first fight, I walked away impressed with JDS' punching power and doubting Cain's chin (I know it was behind the ear, but you know what I mean).

After this second fight, I walked away impressed with JDS' chin and heart and doubting Cain's punching power and ability to finish.
    ------------------

I was disapointed in Cain,he really should of went for the finish. It looked like his arms were dead after round 1,and he doesnt have KO power to begin with,so that didnt help. He needs to work on his submission game or something,at HW it's to dangerous to leave a fighter for 5 rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
    I tend to disagree with this. The fight was pretty much over after the big combination in the first round. The difference is Junior finished when he had the chance (in the first fight) where as Cain did not. To me this shows two things, Junior is tough and Cain might lack finishing power. I feel like if he would of just stepped back and thrown that he could have finished the fight but anytime he landed something he would close the distance and grapple in stead.

To me this fight never proved anything more than the first fight proved.
    I think that without the first fight, the second fight would have been a very different affair; in what way it would have differed I don't know, but I think Cain's reluctance to stand and strike was because he saw the kind of fight-ending power JDS has.

I don't doubt that JDS could still turn Cain's lights out even in the later rounds, but it would take a perfectly-planted shot to do so, and Cain wasn't going to give him the opportunity.

I see both sides to this argument;
    In one way, yes Cain did destroy JDS; Cain almost completely neutralised JDS's strength (boxing) and forced him to fight at a pace that he wasn't prepared to fight at.
    On the other hand, I wouldn't say JDS was destroyed, more that he was technically dismantled. I was impressed by JDS' ability to withstand punishment and work his way back to his feet, but it was clear that Cain has a far more technical ground game (see: any time that Cain had a sideride on JDS in turtle).

Personally, I find it difficult to use the word "destroyed" for any guy that can take 111 of these...

...and stay in the fight.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Thread Information