+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JDS vs Cain

can we please bring up the strength and heart of JDS for weathering five rounds of that beating? that overhand right he ate midway through round one would have floor most anyone in the world, and he managed to not only stay alive, but somehow regain his composure and start throwing dangerous strikes again, (which he was doing in the last two rounds). dude is a warrior, and deserves our respect. cain not going in for the kill in the last few rounds, seeming almost tentative because of the power JDS was still throwing at him, is statement enough.

anyway, the heavyweight division is even more exciting now than before. we get to see JDS beat up bigfoot or fight cormier, and we have overeem and werdum to challenge for the title, in matchups we've never seen before. i'm a happy camper.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    can we please bring up the strength and heart of JDS for weathering five rounds of that beating? that overhand right he ate midway through round one would have floor most anyone in the world, and he managed to not only stay alive, but somehow regain his composure and start throwing dangerous strikes again, (which he was doing in the last two rounds). dude is a warrior, and deserves our respect. cain not going in for the kill in the last few rounds, seeming almost tentative because of the power JDS was still throwing at him, is statement enough.

anyway, the heavyweight division is even more exciting now than before. we get to see JDS beat up bigfoot or fight cormier, and we have overeem and werdum to challenge for the title, in matchups we've never seen before. i'm a happy camper.
    I'd rep you but im fresh outta rep.

Anyway this is on point.

I'm excited to see Reem fight Cain, JDS fight whoever, and whatever else happens. Who knows, in a few months we might have Barnett, DC is already here. So shit is gonna be real fun in the heavyweight division for the next two years.

Should we question jds's finishing ability because he failed to finish carwin or Nelson? To put question marks on Cain after that performance is rediculous. I personally believe Cain was wisely warey of getting tagged like he did in the first fight... So he'd strike to close the distance and grapple, he stayed in his zone and didn't take any unnecessary chances. That being said jds did an amazing job hanging in there and taking an asswhoopin'. You could say Cain destroyed him... In in my opinion he was standing at the end if the fight... A destroyed man isn't standing when the bell rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post

Did you give similiar credit to Kongo who managed to rock Cain several times in the process?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

To say Cain lacks power is ignorant. when have you ever seen jds rocked like that ? He traded for 3 and 5 rds with Nelson and Carwin and never got rocked like that.

I always felt the first fight was a fluke in terms of how simply it ended and I kinda feel the same here. I believe their next fight will be very competitive. The real momentum shit was with that big overhand Cain landed in the first. Jds never really got in the fight, which was the smartest thing for Cain to do.

I'd say give jds, werdum after the nog fight if he wins. Let Cormier starting cutting down after his last sf fight.

Why was DS hands down the whole fight?
    3 championship fights = more $

Fight 3, I'm going all in DS win.
    Put up or Shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Did you give similiar credit to Kongo who managed to rock Cain several times in the process?
    yes, actually.

and it pained me to do so.

because i'm a racist.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

JDS got destroyed by Cain plain and simple. Sure he has the heart of a champion and mad respect for not getting finished but that doesnt change the fact that Cain beat his ass for most of 25 minutes.

Cains performance in this fight IMO is better than JDS performance in the first fight. Im interested to see how JDS comes back from this loss, i just hope it isnt via a rematch with Cain, rematches have been tossed around way to often recently and it needs to stop. I also laughed at Werdum being up there for a title shot, he gets smashed by JDS, Cain, Overeem and DC IMO

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Both guys worked their asses off and Cain beat JDS without a doubt. That said both guys showed enough that the 3rd fight is going to be great

Yeah, I'm not happy about it but JDS got fucked up royally. One judge called it 50-43 and although I don't agree that it was that one sided it was absolute domination.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information