Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JDS vs Cain

So in ITT, if you get your ass thrashed for 5 straight rounds, but you don't give up/get finished. Then you didn't get destroyed? .....I can't agree with that
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

2. Default

The outcome I like match JDS up with Comier. To say Cain lacks finishing power with his past is looking at it with bais.

Quote Originally Posted by STruC1x View Post
    Why was DS hands down the whole fight?
    3 championship fights = more $

Fight 3, I'm going all in DS win.
    Are you actually suggesting he threw the right on purpose?

LOL, why is this a thread? Dark Mage, it seems like you think every thought that crosses your mind deserves it's own thread.

Usually threads are started from something important. Sakara saying JDS got destroyed isn't important. JDS is my favorite HW and I tend to agree with him but even if I thought he was bat shit crazy, I wouldn't start a thread, I would just post it in an existing thread, probably the one in which he stated that JDS got destroyed.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I think this is a fairly simple concept.

A fighter generally takes more damage from a 25 minute war of attrition than a one punch on the button in the first.

As much as I am impressed by Cain, I was unimpressed with Herb Dean. JDS looks like he took some career defining damage, and not in a good way, at a few points.

Look how many times JDS did the stanky leg again and tell me that he didn't get flogged so badly his cerebellum went on break.

NUTHUGGAS PLEASE... time to admit being good at all angles off mma is better then great at 1. im as much of a jds fan as cains but gotta no when the shits gettn 2 deep. jds got owned, who gunna hurt longer cain after 65 sec ko or jds w/ broken jaw & hematomahead. hope i dont have to get negd to death for bein right like i was for the last 4-5yrs of the fedor fallacy
    SAY WHAT?:headscratch:

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    So in ITT, if you get your ass thrashed for 5 straight rounds, but you don't give up/get finished. Then you didn't get destroyed? .....I can't agree with that
    Did JDS destroy Shane Carwin?

Quote Originally Posted by jdwall View Post
    NUTHUGGAS PLEASE... time to admit being good at all angles off mma is better then great at 1. im as much of a jds fan as cains but gotta no when the shits gettn 2 deep. jds got owned, who gunna hurt longer cain after 65 sec ko or jds w/ broken jaw & hematomahead. hope i dont have to get negd to death for bein right like i was for the last 4-5yrs of the fedor fallacy
    This has gained you minus 5 reps from me.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    After the first fight, I walked away impressed with JDS' punching power and doubting Cain's chin (I know it was behind the ear, but you know what I mean).

After this second fight, I walked away impressed with JDS' chin and heart and doubting Cain's punching power and ability to finish.
    Did you question Cain's ability to beat the living shit out of someone? Because I certainly didn't lol

Maybe you missed the part where Cain easily walked through JDS's jab and knocked him on hiss ass with a huge right hand? I mean, I just assumed you did because that was pretty damn impressive to me.
    Last edited by dbader08; 12-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.

alot of unique perspectives on the fights being thrown around as facts, lets resist the temptation to call cain's win last night better or worse than jds' win from bout a year ago, both were decisive victories and shouldnt be questioned i personally would like to give credit to both heavyweights for going the distance, JDS was all heart and cain was all discipline, others fighters might have blown their wad like a carwin/brock and given santos' power and heart it could easily have backfired on cain. i would like to see a rubber match before roideem gets a title shot but thats not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    alot of unique perspectives on the fights being thrown around as facts, lets resist the temptation to call cain's win last night better or worse than jds' win from bout a year ago, both were decisive victories and shouldnt be questioned i personally would like to give credit to both heavyweights for going the distance, JDS was all heart and cain was all discipline, others fighters might have blown their wad like a carwin/brock and given santos' power and heart it could easily have backfired on cain. i would like to see a rubber match before roideem gets a title shot but thats not going to happen.
    The past does not matter. Last night's fight will determine the present and the future of the HW division, not the past.

Playing the game of well he didn't do as good as ____ is a game of rationalizations.

We all have different definitions of what getting destroyed in a fight means but it isn't thread worthy.

Cain dominated JDS last night and JDS could win just as easily next time. That's what happens when you get two fighters who are both scary good but just as equally good.

Thread Information