Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Breaking News: Junior dos Santos Leaves Manager Ed Soares

Default UFC Breaking News: Junior dos Santos Leaves Manager Ed Soares

Link to full article: UFC Breaking News: Junior dos Santos Leaves Manager Ed Soares | Bleacher Report

UFC No. 1 heavyweight contender Junior dos Santos announced via Twitter that he is leaving manager Ed Soares.

Dos Santos tweeted: “I am officially under new representation! All sponsorship or press requests, please contact @GuedesGroup she’ll get you to me. Thanks guys”

Soares is one of the most influential managers in the game, managing UFC champions Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo and former champions Lyoto Machida and Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira.

The news comes just weeks after dos Santos defeated Shane Carwin at UFC 131 to earn a shot at UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

Soares is one of the best managers in the game today. But he has also come under much criticism.

Will Ribeiro, a former MMA fighter who was managed by Soares before being involved in a near fatal motorcycle accident, criticized Soares, stating: “Ed Soares and Jorge Guimaraes have to learn to be human once and for all. Before the athlete is the Human Being.”

Damn, wonder what happened
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

This isnt going to be good for JDS. Everyone he trains with is managed by Ed, it might reflect poorly in his training camps. Look what happened after Rampage left Ibarra and then dropped the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I have a hunch he might go with Maia's manager.

5. Default

Ed is a dirty, dirty man.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009

...because he wanted to speak English?

well if Anderson's paydays are any indication of how well Ed can negotiate a contract than perhaps he's looking for more cash when his contract ends
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

LOL nobody likes Soares

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Ed is a dirty, dirty man.
    Really? How do you know how dirty he is?

LOL nobody likes Soares
    yeah, nobody except Anderson, Nog brothers, Machida, Aldo, and like 15 more fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    This isnt going to be good for JDS. Everyone he trains with is managed by Ed, it might reflect poorly in his training camps. Look what happened after Rampage left Ibarra and then dropped the title.
    I see what you mean but i don't think him leaving soares is going to effect his relationship with those guys that camp is extremely tight and if it does effect his camp then i'm sure another great camp would jump at the chance to land JDS. I doubt he will leave or be regarded differently by his camp.

Also didn't rampage go straight to wolfslair after leaving ibarra? there was a big difference between big bear and wolfslair at that time i think that had more to do with the quality of his training partners and new coaches he was just getting used to for a title defense. That was a bad decision on his part also the fact he didn't check a single leg kick the entire fight could be an even bigger reason he dropped the title.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Thread Information