Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana White regrets having Leben-Brunson open UFC 155's main card

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Ok in 2010 he fought 2 times in 2 weeks and now because of that he is untouchable??
    He is not the only fighter in the history of sports who has done that. Jon Jones has fought 3 times in 12 days.

All exciting fights??? Some of them are exciting, but others are more of "Either he gets an early KO victory, either he gets dominated and finished"

He is 1-3 in his last 4. He has tested positive. He looked terrible yesterday. Plenty of guys get cut after that you know??
    Yes plenty of guys that don't perform like Leben. He's not the best nor the most technical fighter but he does come to fight. He didn't look himself at all last night, plus brunson was just smothering him and not trying to do any damage.

Leben had a bad night, so what. Garcia just losses his 4th fight and he's not getting cut either. I'd bet brunson loses one and he's cut tho, they don't like fighters like that.

Alcohol metabolism's damaging effects on the cell: a focus on reactive oxygen generation by the enzyme cytochrome P450 2E1.

Koop DR.
    Source
    Department of Physiology and Pharmacology at Oregon Health and Science University Portland, Oregon, USA.
    Abstract
    Alcohol metabolism's various processes create harmful compounds that contribute to cell and tissue damage. In particular, the enzyme cytochrome P450 2E1 (CYP2E1) plays a role in creating a harmful condition known as oxidative stress. This condition is related to oxygen's ability to accept electrons and the subsequent highly reactive and harmful byproducts created by these chemical reactions. CYP2E1's use of oxygen in alcohol metabolism generates reactive oxygen species, ultimately leading to oxidative stress and tissue damage.
    Drugs and alcohol ruin MMA careers. No finer examples than Evan Tanner or Karo.

The body is never the same after those insane binges.

Ask DC Doc why it is that Chris Leben glows red after 2 minutes into the fight.

I would include Chuck Liddell but people will get too incensed. Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    i said this to a friend last night, after a quip about the post-fight drug testing.

leben will actually save face if he tests positive for heroin after that performance last night. at least it would explain why he was lethargic as kurt cobain circa 2001 and slower than crucifixion
    Hey wait... didn't Cobain die in...

Huh... Wha..

You are just blaming Brunson for the disaster of the fight that was yesterday.
    It is not that Leben was really trying to do something and Brunson was just running or doing LnP or anything. In between rounds, Leben's face was showing that he was not wanting to be there at all. They looked both like 2 zombies that were throwing everything in absolute slow motion.

Leonard Garcia should be cut aswell, because if it was not for the gift he got in the first Nam Pahn fight, he would be 0-6 now. But at least his fights are close.
    You can not compare his performance against Holloway with Leben's performance yesterday.
    IMO anyone who loses 3 or 4 fights in a row should be cut. But if we are talking about performances, in the last few fights Leonard has looked much better than Leben.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Brunson was the one in control of the fight. He chose for the fight to go the way he did with the lack of attempting to get position and finish or inflict ground and pound.

Brunson chose to be the blanket. Much like Okami chose to be the blanket against Belcher.

See what I am getting at?

The fighter in control deserves more of the blame for a boring matchup.

Why do people shit on Fitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Brunson was the one in control of the fight. He chose for the fight to go the way he did with the lack of attempting to get position and finish or inflict ground and pound.

Brunson chose to be the blanket. Much like Okami chose to be the blanket against Belcher.

See what I am getting at?

The fighter in control deserves more of the blame for a boring matchup.

Why do people shit on Fitch?
    Thank you

I'd rep you but unfortunately I can't right now.

I honestly don't know why they even chose Brunson to open up that ppv especially considering he just got highlite reeled by Jacare whom in my opinion should be in the UFC.

I wasn't impressed by Brunson at all infact he is one of the main reasons why I dislike so many wrestlers in MMA. Nothing is worse than a wrestler with no cardio and I really hope that Brunson had some kind of adrenaline dump during his UFC debut.

Where is Jacare, Manhoef, Daley and Anthony Johnson when you need em.... sigh
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Kid? No, he's a grown man that acts like a kid.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information