Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Why? She will take her down and arm bar her like everyone else she has faced. I can't wait for this fight to happen.
    Rhonda said once that she doesn't get scared when she looks across the cage, "oh look it's another chick" I believe were her words......somehow I don't think that's going to be going through her head when she sees this WOMAN across from her before the bell rings.....

I'd say this would more likely be going through her mind...

Dude Rhonda will turn into a total girl if she fights cyborg. Hell I think Carano would have beaten Rhonda's ass. and btw here's a pic of Cyborg looking pretty sexy.....

Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Cyborg hasn't fought in a year, would be making the cut for the first time, and is fighting a dominant champion who has been fighting regularly and has Olympic level credentials in a martial art that excels in using an opponents size and weight againt them? Cyborg is a beast (I don't mean that in a mean way) but this is potentially a banana-skin fight for her.

I see this fight as 50/50. Ronda is good at what she does and so is Cyborg. Im honestly curious to see how Ronda's confidence/cardio is if her fight goes past the first.

with Dolce's ability to help her drop weight and Tito Ortiz's ability to help pass a drug test, I think Cyborg is finally surrounding herself with the right people....

5. Default

Done by Ronda's new homie Lazie the Savage:

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

6. Default

Look, Dana isn't gonna risk his investment right out of the gate. This fight WILL get made but he's gonna feed Ronda some arms first.

But you have awoken the beast Ronda.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    with Dolce's ability to help her drop weight and Tito Ortiz's ability to help pass a drug test, I think Cyborg is finally surrounding herself with the right people....
    please elaborate in the Tito/drug test comment. Otherwise you're just fighter bashing.

As for the actual article:

It is in women's MMA's best interest for this fight not to happen any time soon. Right now there is a handful truly marketable matchups in women's MMA and Cyborg/Rousey is the biggest. Tate, Kaufman and Carano could all maybe sell but those are iffy. Rousey and Carmouche could do well but only because it would still has a novelty to it.

If the UFC runs out of marquee matchups quickly I can see Dana White dropping women's MMA once he has sucked every dollar he can from it. If we have to wait for Cyborg and Rousey at least then the women could get a chance to gain some traction in the UFC.
    Last edited by YukonJordan; 01-02-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post

This all seems very unfair to cyborg. Ronda should fight heavier if she really wants to be called the best.

I see a lack of warrior spirit in her sometimes.

Easy to say from a keyboard but if you want to be known as an elite fighter you have to always be ready for the fight IMO.

It's what seperates an Anderson Silva from a pussy Mayweather.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Lets hope she can make the cut without any problems... That will be a good fight...

How quickly people are forgetting about cyborg... they see how good Rousey has been, but forget about the wrecking machine that Cyborg is...

Didnt she slam tito or out or some shit?

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    With a face like Cyborg's, guys aren't necessarily lining up to donate any baby batter for her cause.
    lol RD said he wants that...

Thread Information