Thread: Bigfoot Silva would fight Junior dos Santos if the UFC threatened to fire him

1. Default Bigfoot Silva would fight Junior dos Santos if the UFC threatened to fire him

Bigfoot Silva would fight Junior dos Santos if the UFC threatened to fire him, eyes Cain Velasquez rematch - MMAmania.com

Friends and training partners Cain Velasquez and Daniel Cormier won't fight each other, but Antonio Silva has no problems going toe-to-toe against his team mate, Junior dos Santos.

That is of course, only if his job was on the line.

"Bigfoot," who left "The Blackzilians" fight team to train with "Cigano" and the rest of the Backhouse MMA crew earlier this year, says he has no interest in swinging leather against Dos Santos. However, if his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) head honchos threaten to send him to the unemployment line, he would have to reconsider.

His words to Fighters Only:

"I wouldn't have any interest because we're from the same team, but I've got a family, parents, wife... so if the UFC tells me that I will be fired if I refuse to fight, then I will have to talk to Cigano and make the fight happen. But there are Fabricio Werdum, Rodrigo Minotauro and more people ahead of me in line."
    Perhaps now that Junior is no longer the ruler in the land of the big men, he won't have to worry about ever having to be forced to fight his friend. A rematch against Cain, who is now the new UFC heavyweight champion, is something that better suits the massive Brazilian.

"Yeah, there was a sense that ‘I want more' in that fight versus Cain Velasquez. I trained a lot, I put in a three-month camp but unfortunately I committed a mistake of throwing the kick in the beginning and he opened a cut in my forehead with the first elbow he landed. I was fighting to take the bout to the second round, fighting myself, but unfortunately I couldn't get to round two. I want the opportunity to face him but there's nothing to do with rivalry, I just want to face the best guys over there."
    Cain made quick work of "Bigfoot" at UFC 146 this past May, cutting him up early in the first round and proceeding to deliver some vicious ground-and-pound which forced a stoppage from the referee.

Silva bounced back by defeating Travis Browne at UFC on FX 5: "Browne vs. Bigfoot" in October and is lined up to face Alistair Overeem at UFC 156 on Feb. 2, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Perhaps if Silva can get a win over "The Reem," he can take his title shot, too.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

BF isnt ready for JDS or Cain..or Overeem.

Let him fight the Mitriones, Kongos and Brownes(again) before we start picturing him with the top 3 of the division.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    BF isnt ready for JDS or Cain..or Overeem.

Let him fight the Mitriones, Kongos and Brownes(again) before we start picturing him with the top 3 of the division.
    He will find out the hard way, when he faces Overeem. He looked like he was fighting in slow motion against Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    He will find out the hard way, when he faces Overeem. He looked like he was fighting in slow motion against Brown.
    I know eh, AOs going to destroy him.

And after watching Cain run train on JDS I dont know why BF is so hungry for a rematch. As I said, he should get his confidence up with a big win first, instead of getting beat up by the top5s, and wanting to keep fighting top 5s lol.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    I know eh, AOs going to destroy him.

And after watching Cain run train on JDS I dont know why BF is so hungry for a rematch. As I said, he should get his confidence up with a big win first, instead of getting beat up by the top5s, and wanting to keep fighting top 5s lol.
    After his fight with Fedor, I thought damn he's a good match for Overeem. Then he looked so slow and predictable his time out.

After two stoppages to Cormier and Cain, it definitely killed that high horse he was riding from the Fedor win lol.

Overeem hasn't exactly looked quick either... I have a feeling that fight is going to be frustrating to watch. Lots of single jabs from Big Foot, lots of single straight shots from AO.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Overeem hasn't exactly looked quick either... I have a feeling that fight is going to be frustrating to watch. Lots of single jabs from Big Foot, lots of single straight shots from AO.
    I don't necessarily consider Overeem fast but Bigfoot looked really slow against Brown. Overeem is pretty technical the way he throws his knees in with his punches. After the way he handled lesnar in the clinch, I doubt he'll have trouble handling bf.

But then again, bf did manage to pull off a win over Fedor too so its not like him beating Overeem is completely outta the question.

I don't necessarily consider Overeem fast but Bigfoot looked really slow against Brown. Overeem is pretty technical the way he throws his knees in with his punches. After the way he handled lesnar in the clinch, I doubt he'll have trouble handling bf.

But then again, bf did manage to pull off a win over Fedor too so its not like him beating Overeem is completely outta the question.
    Bigfoot is definitely more impressive in the clinch than Lesnar. I think AO knew he wasn't in danger closing in on Lesnar; not sure we'll see that this time around.

Thread Information