+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paulo Filho Signs with World Series of Fighting

1. Default Paulo Filho Signs with World Series of Fighting

Paulo Filho Signs with World Series of Fighting | MMAWeekly.com

Former WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho will return to the United States in 2013 after signing a multi-fight deal with World Series of Fighting.

World Series of Fighting Executive Vice President and matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz confirmed the signing to MMAWeekly.com on Thursday.

Ranked atop the middleweight division for years, Paulo Filho fell from grace after a loss to Chael Sonnen in his final fight in the WEC in 2008.

Since that time Filho has battled with his own personal demons that put him through more trials and tribulations than any MMA fight. At one point he even considered retirement, but ultimately put that on the back burner and got back in the cage to compete.

After a year away from competition, Filho returned in September and defeated former Pride fighter Murilo “Ninja” Rua, and now signs on with World Series of Fighting and is expected to debut in early 2013.

No opponent has been named for Filho’s debut, but he is expected to fight at the next World Series of Fighting card currently rumored for February.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I forgot all about WSOF

what the hell? how do they plan to make this org relevant? With NBC's money this should be a weekly show that would allow fans to get to know fighters and maybe start caring about the championship bouts. They are too inconsistent and the fans can tell. Don't get me wrong it's great to see the networks make an effort, but either go balls in or leave it alone. This half ass promoting won't cut it.......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information