+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cain Velasquez glad he didnít knock Junior dos Santos out early

1. Default Cain Velasquez glad he didnít knock Junior dos Santos out early

Cain Velasquez glad he didn

A lot has been said about the toughness former UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos displayed in his title-loss to Cain Velasquez at UFC 155. ďCiganoĒ was hurt early and often in the bout, finding the inner strength to hold on and weather the relentless pounding of Velasquez throughout the 25-minute tilt.

Though Velasquez doesnít deny Dos Santos did an excellent job at surviving, it turns out the newly named divisional king is actually happy he didnít put his foe away early on in the main event match-up.

ďIím kind of glad (I) didnít get that knockout in the first round cause then (people) would have been like, ĎOh, well Cain knocked him out in the first roundÖHE caught HIM.í At least we got to do the whole five rounds where I won every round,Ē admitted Velasquez in an interview with Middle Easy, adding he initially thought the referee was going to step in and stop things.

ďFor a split second I did,Ē explained Velasquez. ďThere just wasnít enough power in those punches on the ground so I was like, ĎAh, heís gonna recover. Thatís fine. Iíll just soften him up.íĒ
    As for whatís next, Velasquez pointed to the winner of an upcoming clash between Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva, also stating he would be heading back to the gym right away to work on improving even if he looked like an unbeatable force in his most recent rumble.

ďGuys are gonna get better over time. The sport is so new still, people are still evolving so (Iíve) gotta keep evolving,Ē said the 11-1 Velasquez.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

2. Default

At the time Cain wished it would of been stopped, but I see his point and a mighty one he did make.

Cain and his fans are really living this one up.

Wouldn't you? He just beat the living snot out of his biggest rival.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Wouldn't you? He just beat the living snot out of his biggest rival.
    Not so much publicly, I'm generally a humble person. All I'm saying is no one was talking like this when JDS knocked him out.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    Not so much publicly, I'm generally a humble person. All I'm saying is no one was talking like this when JDS knocked him out.
    Most of the focus on their first fight was largely centered around it being the first fox card.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information