+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard on Tap for UFC on Fuel TV 8; Yahya vs. Hirota Also Ad

Default Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard on Tap for UFC on Fuel TV 8; Yahya vs. Hirota Also Ad

Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard on Tap for UFC on Fuel TV 8; Yahya vs. Hirota Also Added

Following a dominant win at UFC 155, Yushin Okami will next fight at home in Japan when he faces former Bellator champion Hector Lombard at UFC on Fuel TV 8 on March 3.

UFC officials announced the new bout late Monday night.

At UFC 155 in December, Okami stifled and suffocated Alan Belcher for the second time en route to a unanimous decision win to close out 2012. It gave Okami his second win for the year, after he lost in shocking fashion to Tim Boetsch at UFC 144 in Japan earlier in the year.

Hector Lombard Says He Fought Injured Against Tim Boetsch at UFC 149
    Bellator Champ Hector Lombard Jumps to the UFC
    Now Okami will look for a taste of redemption as he returns home in March and faces another top ten middleweight on the rise.

Former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard was one of the UFC’s biggest free agent signings in 2012, but his debut landed with a resounding thud when he barely showed up at UFC 149 before losing a decision to Tim Boetsch.

Following the fight it was revealed that Lombard fought with an injured foot, and he promised a better performance in his second trip to the Octagon. He certainly didn’t disappoint. Lombard crushed Brazilian submission ace Rousimar Palhares at UFC on FX 6 in Australia in December.

Now Lombard gets a stiff test and one of the toughest fighters at 185 pounds in the UFC when he faces Okami in Japan.
    Okami via Atataka na moufu (暖かな毛布).

BP
    Last edited by _DCdoctr_; 01-08-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I think Okami is gonna get hurt...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Lightning vs Thunder!!!!! I think Hector thrashes him in the first.

A quick finish for Lombard might get him a title shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

this will be an interesting match up. Okami shouldn't be able to clinch fuck an Olympic Judo medalist, and then there is the matter of those bombs in Lombards hands.....I think Okami could still pull off of UD if he can make lombard tired. Otherwise Okami goes to sleep....brutally.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

if he beats okami, he'll have already outdone the expectations of most of the fanbase
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Hes gonna get ground out by Okami. Another boring win for Yushin.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

This fight won't live up the the expectations.
    Said expectations arnt high to begin with.

I hope Okami goes unconscious at some point in this fight. Such a boring fighter.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I don't really get the Okami smack talk going on. I actually like him. With that said, yeah, he's getting fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information