Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon Fitch not expecting 2013 title shot, finding motivation in money,love of fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Well then it's settled, JDS shouldn't get a title shot either.
    not without 1 or 2 wins...?

the picture was just the icing on the cake that was GSP's 5 round beating of Jon Fitch.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

I think he'll get another shot if he keeps putting on entertaining bouts, but he puts himself in far greater danger. If Fitch gets past Maia, I'd book him in a number one contender bout while GSP finishes up his business with Diaz and Hendricks, maybe even book him for the SF title against Nate in the meantime....IF he gets past Maia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Well then it's settled, JDS shouldn't get a title shot either.
    But JDS is an exiciting stand up fighter while Fitch is just a boring wrestler so of course JDS will get a rematch duh.

Pretty much the only thing keeping Fitch from getting another shot at GSP is because the "fans" don't like his style. If Fitch was a striker and out boxing people instead of wrestling him he would have already had his rematch. Seriously, Dan Hardy got a title shot but we can't give Fitch a rematch? Fitch even with his loss to Hendricks is still a Top 5 WW that will maul just about any WW not named GSP or Hendricks. If GSP beats Hendricks (the Diaz fight is never going to happen so no one get excited about it) and Fitch wins another one or two I think he should get the next shot.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    But JDS is an exiciting stand up fighter while Fitch is just a boring wrestler so of course JDS will get a rematch duh.

Pretty much the only thing keeping Fitch from getting another shot at GSP is because the "fans" don't like his style. If Fitch was a striker and out boxing people instead of wrestling him he would have already had his rematch. Seriously, Dan Hardy got a title shot but we can't give Fitch a rematch? Fitch even with his loss to Hendricks is still a Top 5 WW that will maul just about any WW not named GSP or Hendricks. If GSP beats Hendricks (the Diaz fight is never going to happen so no one get excited about it) and Fitch wins another one or two I think he should get the next shot.
    Fitch doesnt get a rematch because he will get outclassed/destroyed by GSP....AGAIN. It has nothing to do with his style, he just doesnt belong in the octagon with GSP.

there is no possible way you can sell that fight to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Fitch doesnt get a rematch because he will get outclassed/destroyed by GSP....AGAIN. It has nothing to do with his style, he just doesnt belong in the octagon with GSP.

So you are telling me that Fitch, a guy that has been a Top 5 WW pretty much since 2006 does not derserve a second crack at the title because GSP will outclass him again. But I bet when Cain/JDS III is announced you will have no problem with it will you. Cain gave JDS just as bad of a beating if not worse then GSP handed Fitch.

If Fitch was a striker, even a boring striker he would have already got his rematch with GSP. The fact he is deemed a boring wrestler and keeps his mouth shut instead of talking trash (Sonnen) is why he will not a rematch anytime soon. The whole he got his ass kicked thing does not apply. If Liddell can have a rematch with Couture then anyone can have a rematch.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    So you are telling me that Fitch, a guy that has been a Top 5 WW pretty much since 2006 does not derserve a second crack at the title because GSP will outclass him again. But I bet when Cain/JDS III is announced you will have no problem with it will you. Cain gave JDS just as bad of a beating if not worse then GSP handed Fitch.

If Fitch was a striker, even a boring striker he would have already got his rematch with GSP. The fact he is deemed a boring wrestler and keeps his mouth shut instead of talking trash (Sonnen) is why he will not a rematch anytime soon. The whole he got his ass kicked thing does not apply. If Liddell can have a rematch with Couture then anyone can have a rematch.
    JDS actually has a chance to beat Cain, Fitch has no chance against GSP.

Once again it has nothing to do with style. Fitch cant beat GSP in any aspect of MMA (he actually gets outcalssed in all of aspects imo). The two fights (Cain/JDS and GSP/Fitch) are completely different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

I'll buy that fight.

Thread Information