Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cain Velasquez: Can He Surpass Fedor as Best Heavyweight Ever?

As far as legacy.. maybe, but it is a long long ways away. But as far as how he was viewed, i doubt it. Fedor had this unstoppable, inhuman, aura around him. Silva is the closest thing to that right now, if it wasnt for his management etc. it might have surpassed fedors imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    One minute later:

Haha poor Fujita. I hope he's a millionaire.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

The only comparison between Fedor and Cain should be will the Cain JDS series we are going to see surpass the excitement of Fedor Nog fights.

As far as legacy.....its a little too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    As far as legacy.. maybe, but it is a long long ways away. But as far as how he was viewed, i doubt it. Fedor had this unstoppable, inhuman, aura around him. Silva is the closest thing to that right now, if it wasnt for his management etc. it might have surpassed fedors imo.
    Silva could have made a helluvalot more money and resonated a ton more hype if learned to speak English fluently, but he didn't have to and chose to take his own path. Good on him.

I don't give two fucks if someone doesn't speak the same language as me, but Silva would have been marketed much better than Fedor ever was if he wasn't so stubborn. Genius generally comes with a stubborn nature though.

maybe in the books never in the hart of the true fans who statred this sport.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Does he deserve the best ever title? no

Fedor clearly accomplished more, by a mile...

But as far as head to head goes... I have Cain and JDS both ahead of Prime Fedor in my book...

Had Fedor kept evolving his game and eventually come to the UFC, it may be a different story. He certainly had the talent to make himself even better... but he let the game pass him.

Fedor grew old in the sport through the many years of war.

Something Cain and JDS have not done.

To put them next to each other is unfair. Past fighters don't necessary have to be "better" than future fighters. They came from different eras.

2005 Fedor would have stomped 2005 Cain or 2005 JDS. Does it matter? No.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    When you consider things like title defenses, broken records, dominance at the highest level in the best org, striking accuracy, and damaged received I have Silva over Fedor.

My 2¢
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Hellfuckingnowayinshitshouldthisevenbeconsidered!

Overeem would wreck him after he dispatches Bigfoot in 2 weeks...
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information