+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey Beltran and Rousimar Palhares Both Suspended for Failed Drug Tests at UFC on FX

Default Joey Beltran and Rousimar Palhares Both Suspended for Failed Drug Tests at UFC on FX

Joey Beltran and Rousimar Palhares both failed their drug tests at UFC on FX 6, which took place Dec. 15 in Australia, according to UFC officials.

Beltran, who defeated Igor Pokrajac by unanimous decision, returned a positive result for nandrolone, an anabolic steroid. The illegal performance enhancer cost Beltran the victory, which has been changed to a no contest, and also landed him a nine-month suspension, Marc Ratner, UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, informed MMAWeekly.com on Thursday.

Palhares tested positive for an elevated level of testosterone. He will also serve a nine-month suspension. He suffered a knockout loss at the hands of Hector Lombard.

Both men’s suspensions are retroactive to Dec. 15 (Dec. 14 in the U.S. due to the time difference).

“The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents,” read a statement released by UFC officials on Thursday.

“Both athletes have agreed to serve a nine-month suspension retroactive to December 14. They must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again.”
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/joey-beltra...at-ufc-on-fx-6

Palhares? You don't say?

Never would have guessed.

And he still got KTFO.

Well... Fuck. I really like both of those guys. Sucks that now I have to wait another 8 months to see them fight again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Damn, really like Palhares and always wanted to think this was natural

Suppose it puts his crazies in a new light...
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Beltran seemed like a good guy, the type of guy who cared more about putting on a good fight more then anything else. Its a shame to see him on the Juice.

Are these guys taking the shit directly or are they just using "supplements", it's hard to believe that anyone would inject the shit directly anymore. Maybe more like find a "supplement" and roll the dice as long as it gets results.....still pretty dumb not to check everything out with the recent history of fighters getting popped.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

7. Default

I don't get why fighters use Nandrolone. The detection time is so long, sometimes up to a year. The risk of getting caught is so high, and not worth the benefits.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Are these guys taking the shit directly or are they just using "supplements", it's hard to believe that anyone would inject the shit directly anymore. Maybe more like find a "supplement" and roll the dice as long as it gets results.....still pretty dumb not to check everything out with the recent history of fighters getting popped.....
    Do you actually believe the whole "tainted supplement" excuse?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Sure didn't help him from being ktfo, idiot.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Wondering if Joey's situation might be connected to weightcutting? I mean, he was a pretty doughie cat at HW and may have a tough time making it down. Is that a remote possibility?

As for Palhares, yeah not a shocker.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information