Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey Beltran and Rousimar Palhares Both Suspended for Failed Drug Tests at UFC on FX

Goddammit Joey
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Do you actually believe the whole "tainted supplement" excuse?
    No I believe they may take stuff and not care if it has trace amounts or is chalked full of Illegal shit they are not supposed to take. I believe many could be cheating through sheer negligence and willful ignorance of what these "super supplements" contain. Lots of "steroid lite" supplements out there that "guarantee" gains.....off course they could just be doing straight steroids, but it just boggles the mind how they could risk being cut from the UFC over it....pretty soon the UFC will start cutting and blackballing fighters to make a statement. Right now I can't say that's a bad thing....there needs to be a hard price to pay for using this shit, maybe then we will see fewer stories like this.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

3. Default

I would bet the farm on the fact that Joey used whatever he did for weight cutting purposes.

Not saying it's right but I don't see a big deal with PED's to begin with.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I would bet the farm on the fact that Joey used whatever he did for weight cutting purposes.

I actually agree with this to a point. In MMA we have seen on many differnt occasions that PEDs dont always help you when it comes down to the actual fight. Examples; AS vs Bonnar, AS vs Chael, Vitor vs Hendo, Forrest vs Bonnar, Leben vs Bisping and those are just some that pop up after a quick search on google.

Does it help with weight cutting and putting on muscle leading up to the fight, of course. But when it comes down to the actual fight with both guys in the cage i honestly think the best fighter is the one can put it all together and i dont think PEDs help that.

Two more dents in the integrity of the sport, and more ammunition for the Culinary Workers Union.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Very surprised to see Beltran was using but not so much about Palhares.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Joey Beltran: 'I Did Not Inject Nandrolone Into My Body' - FightLine.com
    joey beltran✔
    @mexicutioner760

I can say without a shadow of a doubt I did not inject Nandrolone into my body. I am sorry to my family and friends for the shame this...

10 Jan 13
    joey beltran✔
    @mexicutioner760

Brought to any of you. I promise soon the whole story will be told and I will go through whatever is necessary to find the reason for this..
    joey beltran✔
    @mexicutioner760

Positive test. I am at fault for taking a supplement or perhaps combination of something that caused my test result. My team and I will ...
    joey beltran✔
    @mexicutioner760

Seek the truth. I am sorry once again and truly apologize to the people that matter the most to me.- Joey Beltran

Nandrolone
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandrolone

Nandrolone (19-nortestosterone) is an anabolic steroid that may be present naturally in the human body, albeit in minute quantities of less than 0.4 ng/ml.[
    The positive effects of the drug include muscle growth, appetite stimulation and increased red blood cell production and bone density.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-11-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    How about the long-term damage that results in metabolitic deficiencies for the rest of a user's lifetime from overuse for those few years of glory?

Where should the line be drawn?

At weight-cutting?

If users have to use a substance to get to a particular weight, perhaps they should be fighting at the next highest bracket instead.

Weight-cutting is a ridiculous and outdated system and I'd rather see it go then allow athletes to harm themselves with PEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I actually agree with this to a point. In MMA we have seen on many differnt occasions that PEDs dont always help you when it comes down to the actual fight. Examples; AS vs Bonnar, AS vs Chael, Vitor vs Hendo, Forrest vs Bonnar, Leben vs Bisping and those are just some that pop up after a quick search on google.

Does it help with weight cutting and putting on muscle leading up to the fight, of course. But when it comes down to the actual fight with both guys in the cage i honestly think the best fighter is the one can put it all together and i dont think PEDs help that.
    While I don't disagree that in the end run skill takes precedent over muscle and weight cutting. I think it's a little to easy to point at the guys who have lost and got caught but think people don't win on PED's at the same time. I personally don't have any doubts about Overeem using in the past and his actions prior to the Lesnar match which he won certainly point to PED use.

I think for me the biggest problem with PED use being accepted is that it forces the guys that don't want to use it to feel like they have to because everyone else does. Long term health effects being a risk is not something anyone should have to risk for entertainment to the masses.

And just for arguments sake what happens in a fight where both guys are equally skilled but one is using PED's and the other isn't ?

Thread Information